• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

omg a ness video?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You're pretty good at getting around projectiles. You have nice DJC angles ^.^

I also noticed that you're good about getting the kill when you need it. You also punished up-b's well.

Dair has a lot of lag even if you l-cancel it. You might want to try out SH autocancelled dairs. If you SH and dair asap, the dair will cancel itself in the air and you'll land lagless. It's a pretty good way to take advantage of dair's good combo potential without as many risks.

I noticed that, other than occasionally getting Link off the stage, you didn't really accomplish much from grabs. Grabs are hard to land with Ness, so you always want to make the most of them. Dthrow is good for setting up tech chases. Especially near the edge of the stage, where his tech options are limited, dthrow is a good choice. Fthrow can put him off the stage, but Ness isn't good at gimping, so you probably won't get much out of it. Uthrow can sometimes pseudo combo into uair. Even if it doesn't, you can "air chase" him. Figure out where he's going to land and grab him again. If he tries to land with a dair, punish with a wavedash back -> charged fsmash.

It's really important that you think things out and capitalize on mistakes to the max with Ness.

That's all. Keep up the awesomeness.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
yea your ness is legit, don't have any specific advice other than practice your tech and get faster. look forward to seeing some tournament vids of your ness.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
nice :] thanks guys
yea i had no idea what to do against link when i got a grab
but this was from a while ago and ive got some ideas now
as well as using the autocanceled dair

and hey you might even see a yoyo glitch or two in some vids soon ;D

Sinful

Smash Rookie
Hey Baha, you've got a awesome Ness as far as i can see, I'm starting to get better with him aswell, but still needs lot of refining, the thing i can say is, that you should try and work a bit more on your game when the opponent is off the stage i think.

Sadly I'm across the ocean, i'dd love to play against your Ness ;D

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
thanks guys :] hopefully im steadily improving
played a fair amount of doubles with ness at a tourney over the weekend
and not gunna lie
did better than my falco lol
i like this psychic space kid

Sinful

Smash Rookie
Hehe, i saw him and instantly decided he would be my main, eventough he ain't that high on the tier list. I just enjoy playing with him, steadily been improving aswell this past week, been playing alot of singles.
Anyway, from your videos it seems like you'll get pretty awesome as your still improving.

Not to hijack this topic, but I'dd want to ask if someone has some tips for approaching/playing against Peach?

I'll maybe try to upload a video sometime soon aswell!

Top Bottom