• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha, Nebraska Smash Monthly #2 - April 27th, 2013 - La Vista, NE

Mutank.NE

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I am back again with the second event of the year! March was a break month and allowed me to analyze how my last tournament went and make it even better and hopefully better! This event will be April 27, 2013 @ 6:00 PM. The location is Elite Card Shop located @ 7586 S 84th St 68128. Would love to hear feedback and other such news also. Hope to see everyone there!

*The tournament is ran off challonge so you can sign up online in advance then just pay me when you arrive. Easy as that.

Tournament entry fee will be $8 along with a venue fee of $2. Your venue fee will be waived if you provide a television (CRT/Tube) and a Wii/Gamecube (must include the game(s)). Your venue fee will be waived completely if you provide both a television and system. $1 for each item brought. Your entry fee will go to the main prize split for top 3. The split will be 60% for 1st, 30% for 2nd, and 10% for 3rd. Tournament brackets will be run on Challonge.com
Games:
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
Tournament formats will be double elimination.

See: http://challonge.com/Omahamonthly1 for the rulesets. You must know the rules and read them

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
"Just a heads up, this is not listed in the midwest tournament subforum so I am not sure if a lot of players have seen this who may have been interested and only filter out MW tourneys."

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Bump for Hype.

We had 6/7 teams and 14/15 Singles for Melee/Brawl this past weekend, lets beat those #'s this weekend!

Mutank.NE

Smash Rookie
The day is approaching. Melee and Brawl are confirmed for tournaments time around. Hope to see everyone.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I haven't played like at all this week but I still want to come to this, gotta support the scene you know? I hope Ill be able to get some more brawl friendlies this time around <3

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm going to be as polite as possible for this scenario

F**k You.

Why the **** would you say your going to host a tournament and then back out the day of without saying a word? Do you know how messed up that is? I had plans, I scheduled my day around this event, I had to drive close to 30 minutes there and back, which with gas prices these day isn't something to really laugh about WHEN YOU GET NOTHING OUT OF IT!

Advice? You, you want advice? hahahaa

Sure, next time you even THINK about hosting a tournament you better apologize for the **** you pulled today in the first line AND you better post updates on smashboards everyday, not with facebook sending 1 message to 1 person. Do that and I might think about coming to one of your events, might.

Mutank.NE

Smash Rookie
I understand the anger, I too am angry for the fact that i was told the day of the event (previously being told I had the day. No problems) then the morning of I am told " hey the store is gonna be closing around 8 pm so what do you wanna do?". Firstly I was angry and said that I guess I am gonna have to cancel and reschedule, please notify your employee to tell peopld. At this point I was in Des Moines (planned on being back in time) and my phone dies before I can post on here. I told the owner of the store to tell everyone. Then they stay open till late at night? After I'm told they aren't........ the venue fell through on me in every aspect here. Ill be dropping them and finding a consistent venue that will actually help me out instead of leaving me out to dry. I'm sorry for the inconvience and I will gladly cover any costs that occured while trying to attend my event

Top Bottom