• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimars Tether recovery is better then I thought. (Video included)

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Huh...

won't comment on how you could've avoided that by not double jumping that early ( its a bad habit that i'm working on too 0,o ) nor will i go on about how the tether recovery really is that bad. I don't even have any real logical reason or understanding to explain it... I mean theres no denying even that the chain length is far less than how far down you were, even overestimating how much vertical movement UpB gives olimar himself.

Closest thing to an idea of how this happened is I imagine you were attempting to UpB right as you were spiked, to either hit him or grab the ledge? and that may have buffered due to the end of your air dodge, somehow coming off at some random single frame lacking hit stun despite the stun prior and what should be after that one frame you somehow caught. The chain animation didn't show due to some glitch or something, but once the chain time wise would've grabbed the ledge it put you there.

really... Just huh...

-True

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, if you activate tethers while flying out of range and they sweetspot the ledge, you can grab onto the ledge even if it looks impossible. I've done that a few times with Olimar and ZSS.

Airdodging and tethering the normal way is recommended, though, as it's far safer. ^_^

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
You jumped right into him. You could have faired him there. But it's an interesting video nonetheless.

Zanmato145

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I coulda Fair'd him. I shoulda Fair'd him. But I didn't. I kinda made this topic about the tether recovery, not to play the shoulda coulda but didn't game.

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
You must have tethered just in time or you would have been a goner.

P.S: The first 35 seconds, or so, introduction was a total, and complete, waste of my time.
**** you.
Just kidding.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
yah, same thing happens on fd. u can't see yourself but youre able to tether. it rocks.(range wise)

Pinoy

Smash Rookie
nice intro...NOT
lol
Anyways, interesting video.
and yes kashakunaki, that was very Badass.
If i did it and came back on the ledge id be sitting their drooling at my past actions (which is prolly why he was immediately KO'd XD)

Top Bottom