• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's outfit

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I wonder if the color of the suit he's wearing changes the pikmin he gets. I tried using a yellow and red suit on Lylat Cruise (which is a space stage, and I've heard that purple pikmin become more common there), and I got mostly yellows and many reds as well.

I haven't done any serious testing of this, but I think it would be worth looking into (it seems possible) because one could influence what pikmin they wanted just by changing Olimar's color with x or y.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Mhm. Always pick his normal costume, but if there is a difference there might be some tech like "pick that costume if you play that character" kind of stuff.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it would be worth looking into (it seems possible) because one could influence what pikmin they wanted just by changing Olimar's color with x or y.
interesting... there's how many costumes? like 5? for 5 different pikmen maybe? idk...

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
If Olimar could get certain coloured Pikmins by choosing different outfits, wouldn`t the same rule apply to other characters with pull-out-able items?

For instance, Peach and her turnips, King Dedede and his minions, etc.

I`m pretty sure it`s just luck you encountered.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Fact: Red Peach pulls more stitchfaces. Red Dedede pulls more spiky men. Red G+W gets the 9 hammer more. And red Olimar gets better Pikmin. It's all in the anger!

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Hmm..I haven't noticed that, but the normal Olimar has a better percentage of getting all 5 varities of Pikmin at once, or getting a mix of the original 3 species of Pikmin.

Top Bottom