• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's new look mean something for the series?

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Ok, so when I saw the update I thought it was awesome. So awesome I picked up my Pikmin 2 game and played it. So I had the update up and I saw Captain Olimar. I tried comparing the one on the Dojo to the one in the game and it turns out Captain Olimar doesn't have any buttons on his suit in the game! It's just a blank suit in the game. Does anyone think that this new look may be hinting at something for a new game?

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Yah, and he isn't retro per say, so you couldn't really count him in that section. It is in his favor with the new controls as well.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yes. Pikmin 3... ahhh... life is good.

Hmm.. I predict the orange and green pikmin to be in Pikmin 3, as we saw orange and green onions flying off the planet at the end of Pikmin 1. (If I remember right, its been a long time)

Nintendo can only profit from another Pikmin game for the Wii, so I think it's highly likely that we'll get one soon. Let's not forget this either:

Shigeru Miyamoto said:
I certainly don't think we've seen the last of Pikmin, I definitely would like to do something with them, and I think the Wii interface in particular is very well suited to that franchise.
Sakurai probably consulted him in order to create Pikmin & Olimar in Brawl, so Miyamoto could just take these ideas and put them in the new game. Maybe we'll see Pikmin forming a chain so that Olimar can reach new places.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Yes. Pikmin 3... ahhh... life is good.

Hmm.. I predict the orange and green pikmin to be in Pikmin 3, as we saw orange and green onions flying off the planet at the end of Pikmin 1. (If I remember right, its been a long time)
There were also pink brown PURPLE AND WHITE onions At Pikmin 1's Good ending

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
We saw Pink, Black, Light Blue, Orange, Green and Purple I think. I would imagine:
Pink: Small, weak, aile
Black: Tough, violent, earth-based
Light Blue: Quick, Ice resistance
Orange: Either parasite, or possibly based off a fruit-like Pikmin? Round, durable, strong?
Green: Parasite Pikmin (The ones in the Bulbmin, have a green "light" but orange stem/aura when thrown, although I think the orange is the Bulborb itself.
Purple: Already seen, Candypop bulbs just happen to be like undeveloped Onions or something.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Well, I suspect that we'll see another Pikmin, or at least a notice of them working on it. Ahhh, Brawl just shows so many things.

burrito

Smash Lord
Mario doesn't have stitches on his overalls in the Mario games. It's probably similar to that. Characters in Smash Bros. are super detailed. I really like what they did with Olimar's spacesuit.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Olimar in Brawl looks alot more like the clay figure seen in the ads than the model used in the game itself, which I think is a good thing.
EDIT,

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Nice thread you have here. Pikmin and Olimar are going to be a beast. Can't wait to see his FS. Gonna enjoy fighting as him, as well all the characters in brawl. Who knows who's gonna show up. Hopefully, we can all find a place to trade wii codes. If you want to, please save me as a friend and leave me your wii code in a note. I'll reply with my code.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Nice thread you have here. Pikmin and Olimar are going to be a beast. Can't wait to see his FS. Gonna enjoy fighting as him, as well all the characters in brawl. Who knows who's gonna show up. Hopefully, we can all find a place to trade wii codes. If you want to, please save me as a friend and leave me your wii code in a note. I'll reply with my code.
that basically has nothing to do with the topic we're discussing, but I'd say check out the IRC room they set up to trade codes. You can find the topic on the General Brawl Discussion board

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
i thought that too when I first saw his new uniform. I can only hope that it is already in the making and we won't have to wait much longer for it.

Jayster

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see another Pikmin game..

And a new Kid Icarus..

And a console version of Pokemon thats like the handheld versions..

Top Bottom