• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's Jumps

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
I just want to point out from the screens Sakurai has shown us, it seems Olimar will be able to jump slightly above average (like, maybe a Kirby Jump) or is barely affected by gravity, causing him to jump/descend slowly. That could be becasue his up-B is a Tether instead of a regular triple jump.

So... any comments on my find?

Cinder

Smash Master
Since most of the characters are floaty now, it doesn't surprise me, but if I may ask, which screens gave you this idea? The ones I saw didn't raise that flag imo...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Since most of the characters are floaty now, it doesn't surprise me, but if I may ask, which screens gave you this idea? The ones I saw didn't raise that flag imo...
I think he means

The Olimar in the bumblebee suit seems to be jumping quite high, although, he could have just double jumped in the pic, thats not too high for a double jump.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
I dont quite know where you got this impression from, but I do agree, Olimars jumps should be quite high with a slow decent.

Its the way I always imagined him, and it would be good for recovery, as you may not always want/not be able to tether...

EDIT: Well pointed out, gannondorf4ever!

Cinder

Smash Master
I think he means

The Olimar in the bumblebee suit seems to be jumping quite high, although, he could have just double jumped in the pic, thats not too high for a double jump.
Yeah...I must've forgotten how high the Bumblebee Oli (new term?) jumped...but it could be a DJ...and like I said, everyone's floatier than in Melee...

Metal B

Smash Journeyman

I could be wrong, but Olimar wears a Jet-Pack! So he could multi-jump like Kirby. But i guess the Pikmin cant do this, so to save them he have to use his Up+B.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I think he means

We don't know if that is actually a jump by the Yellow alternate-costume Olimar. As you can see the platform above is broken, meaning Olimar is able to pass through it. He could be dropping down, which I assume he is because you don't see any Pikmin following him in the same his jump does.

Also, even if that was a jump, it be a double jump which really isn't that impressive if that represents maximum height.

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
actually, it was the Red one, not the bee.

If you look closely, it looks like the Pikmin are following his jump very slowly, so it seems possible he may have a Floaty Jump.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We don't know if that is actually a jump by the Yellow alternate-costume Olimar. As you can see the platform above is broken, meaning Olimar is able to pass through it. He could be dropping down, which I assume he is because you don't see any Pikmin following him in the same his jump does.

Also, even if that was a jump, it be a double jump which really isn't that impressive if that represents maximum height.
Ah youre probably right Illidr . He could very well be falling through the platform, and it ISNT that high of a jump, if it is a jump, which would be a disapointment.

On a side note, where did the cloud come from?

Top Bottom