• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's B moves

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
Olimar's B moves have been confirmed
(If there is another thread, then I started making this and then a different one was created)

Standard Special: Pikmin Pluck

First uproot a few Pikmin from the ground. You can have up to six Pikmin at one time. As long as there is ground beneath your feet, you can reach down and pull up a Pikmin, but be aware that certain Pikmin are more likely to appear in specific types of flooring.

There are 5 types of Pikmin to use!

- Red Pikmin -
High attack power
Attacks imbued with incendiary properties
Immune to fire

- Yellow Pikmin -
Range of attack slightly larger than usual;
easy to hit enemies with
Travel in slight arcs when thrown
Attacks imbued with electrical properties

- Blue Pikmin -
Strong when thrown
Slightly more durable than average

- Purple Pikmin -
Doesn’t fly far when thrown
Slow
High attack power
Slams into enemies instead of
latching on when thrown

- White Pikmin -
Quick and light
When latched onto opponent,
poison does additional damage

Side Special: Pikmin Thrown
Simple enough, throws Pikmin and they latch on (except for Purple), which makes their damage meter's slightly rise over time

Up Special: Pikmin Chain
Makes a chain with availiable Pikmin, chain length varies upon number and size of availiable Pikmin

Down Special: Pikmin Order
Call back Pikmin who have separated from you. You can also use this move to switch around the order your Pikmin are in

Another great moveset but one thing
How will this work with Kirby?
Discuss.

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
Yeah, like will it change his entire moveset, which makes his hammer into Pikmin throw or what?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
But what will kirby do with pikmin once he has them... it wont effect his smashs, grabs, aerials/etc like Olimar? Kirby also wont be able to toss them with side b, whistle with down b...?

Will he just pluck them to pluck them and they just follow around for nothing?

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
Maybe when Kirby gets max Pikmin, he'll be able to throw them, who knows, we'll only find out in a further update, an American gets the Japenese version or the American Brawl comes out

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
But what will kirby do with pikmin once he has them... it wont effect his smashs, grabs, aerials/etc like Olimar? Kirby also wont be able to toss them with side b, whistle with down b...?

Will he just pluck them to pluck them and they just follow around for nothing?
He'll have a posse to go along with that black color change if he has one.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure Kirby will be able to have 6 Pikmin following him around, however, I think they will just be incorporated into his A attacks or maybe they won't follow him and just run to the nearest enemy? Who knows? I'm looking forward to it though.

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
Dang, Sakurai is a very mysterious, he gives us a character and his moveset, then leaves just enough out to confuse us as to how he will fit it, like when Dedede sucks up Olimar, do his Pikmin follow, and what happends to his B-Move with Kirby?

Drgnfiv

Smash Rookie
Wow, I'm so glad that Sakurai chose to reveal P&O's Special Moves today. He even gave us all of them for a change. I'm excited to see how Olimar will actually play. This has to be the best week of updates we've had in a long time.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'm sure Kirby will be able to have 6 Pikmin following him around, however, I think they will just be incorporated into his A attacks or maybe they won't follow him and just run to the nearest enemy? Who knows? I'm looking forward to it though.
I think they will act as items that follow him around. Want to use a Pikmin? Just turn around, grab one with A, and toss it.

VelvedJones

Smash Rookie
maybe kirby will pluck up kirby looking pikmin

or

maybe he can only suck up the pikmin like how he cant suck up the pokemon trainer but yet the pokemon trainer's pokemon

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
At first I disliked Olimar... after seeing his Pikmin Chain Grapple recovery move, I was laughing, thats so creative and amazing, he is a pretty cool character now, and I'm glad he apparently is weak so you HAVE to use the Pikmin

Zek

Smash Ace
I'm guessing Kirby's pikmin won't do anything. But they'll at least be a pretty annoying distraction for the real Olimar you're fighting. Kirby has a bunch of copied specials that might as well be totally useless.

smashbot226

Smash Master
*Banging head on desk*

Can someone at LEAST acknowledge that the Pikmin are able to attack on their own, therefore acting like percentage increasers?

Kirby plucking Pikmin wouldn't give him a new moveset! It'd just give him followers AKA trained attack aliens.

VelvedJones

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing Kirby's pikmin won't do anything. But they'll at least be a pretty annoying distraction for the real Olimar you're fighting. Kirby has a bunch of copied specials that might as well be totally useless.
for example?

Top Bottom