• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
so no one finds a problem with pikmin dieing on moving stages with out you nonstop throwing them to the next platform?

also, the control stick isn't on the wiimote, and the game has to be playable with it. so i don't think these 1/2 throws and shaking the pikmin off with it would work.
but i guess no one finds that a problem either?

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Pikmin 3 announced my life is complete with halo 3 and pikmin 3. No, seriously when was it confirmed. I think olimar should have a medium AI for pikmin just so he won't be the god tier in brawl becuase I don't want ppl to think I use becuase he is a high tier character but becuase I love his dictatorship.

Yeah Now I think the AI will be smarter just so kids won't see pikmin die left and right using them like noobs poor pikmin.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I want olimar more than anyone. i just hope his moveset isn't complicated. VOTE FOR OLIMAR IN THE ELIMINATION GAME! HE MUST WIN

the grim lizard

Smash Master
so no one finds a problem with pikmin dieing on moving stages with out you nonstop throwing them to the next platform?

also, the control stick isn't on the wiimote, and the game has to be playable with it. so i don't think these 1/2 throws and shaking the pikmin off with it would work.
but i guess no one finds that a problem either?
How do you keep missing this? I've said it a number of times. If they are within range, they will follow you. If you throw them too far or you move too quickly and they get lost, they will stand around and probably die.

On the note of the Wiimote, shaking can just be done by going back and forth on the control pad. It's not that big of a deal. And as far as "half throws"...Are you telling me you have no control over how you throw an item like a bomb or a Pokeball? It will be the same control as throwing normal items. Besides, the Wiimote sucks and is a terrible choice for good smash players anyway as you cannot short hop or do a number of other things. People using it would not miss having more control over Pikmin even if limited control were the case for the Wiimote.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
How do you keep missing this? I've said it a number of times. If they are within range, they will follow you. If you throw them too far or you move too quickly and they get lost, they will stand around and probably die.
or they act like homing mines. they stay stationary(hence the mine) until they find a target, and chase him/her/it(hence the homing). this way, they arnt useless and they can be tacticaly used in this manor...

but can someone tell me the fix to the size to pikman ratio?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
or they act like homing mines. they stay stationary(hence the mine) until they find a target, and chase him/her/it(hence the homing). this way, they arnt useless and they can be tacticaly used in this manor...

but can someone tell me the fix to the size to pikman ratio?
Yes, I agree that they should also attack if there is something to attack.

What do you mean by the "fix to size to pikmin ratio"??

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Yes, I agree that they should also attack if there is something to attack.

What do you mean by the "fix to size to pikmin ratio"??
let me rephrase, fix the size to pikman ratio.
basicaly, how can olimar have enough pikman for him to have decent power(he will be small and lack power)
while at the same time, not be too small to be knocked away easlily(50%+)
and we wan to avoid him being too large and have many pikman, because then he would be too powerful.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
so they can jump and double jump? and have a 3rd jump they use if you use yours?
how much automated recovery would they have? none of this is listed.

one last thing, olimar would be the only exception to the rule, for kirby.
he's the only character (if this is his move set) who kirby doesn't flat out get his B move (as it would be useless with out a way to get pikmin)
while it explains what kirby would get, it seems odd that he would also break this rule.

perhaps having tap-b being throw, and hold-b being pull up, that way kirby gets the skills with out breaking the pattern. down-B could be the whistle.

depending on how kirby's B move is programed, it could be a tonne of effort implement the suggested move that kirby steals.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
so they can jump and double jump? and have a 3rd jump they use if you use yours?
how much automated recovery would they have? none of this is listed.
Most of it is listed actually. I mean, they just follow you as normal. Olimar's jumps will be limited anyway. He'll likely be one of those characters who should use ladders, in which case, Pikmin will probably use them, too (like in the game). The moveset doesn't contain behavior specific to Rumble Falls because it was created before that stage was released.

The ^B he has is the Dolphin...they will probably hang onto it or something. It's really not that big of a deal. It's a minor thing to figure out. It isn't a deal breaker. Besides, the general rules is that too much movement (or rather haphazard movement) is bad because you will lose your followers.

one last thing, olimar would be the only exception to the rule, for kirby.
he's the only character (if this is his move set) who kirby doesn't flat out get his B move (as it would be useless with out a way to get pikmin)
while it explains what kirby would get, it seems odd that he would also break this rule.

perhaps having tap-b being throw, and hold-b being pull up, that way kirby gets the skills with out breaking the pattern. down-B could be the whistle.

depending on how kirby's B move is programed, it could be a tonne of effort implement the suggested move that kirby steals.
It wouldn't be a big deal if the rule was broken. But they could also just give him the whistle which would have different affects.

Switching whistle to vB and pluck to B would be terrible, though. It's so completely counterintuitive.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey. You should be able to grab your Pikmin (With the grab button of course) and throw them in one of four directions... if it hits someone it latches on and attacks them, if it misses the Pikmin runs back to you but if it go's over the edge... well... your Pikmin is gone.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
It's really not that big of a deal. It's a minor thing to figure out. It isn't a deal breaker..
i don't think it would break the deal, as i said, i want olimar in.
i'm just a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these things.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone pay any attention to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When was pikmin 3 confimed and the pikmin could somewhat hold onto olimar during a jump since it appears they do not have the ability to jump in the games this rules should not be broken.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone pay any attention to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When was pikmin 3 confimed and the pikmin could somewhat hold onto olimar during a jump since it appears they do not have the ability to jump in the games this rules should not be broken.
while you may be right, that reasoning is wrong.
(almost) none of the characters in smash have the ability to double jump, yet they all can in smash.
just like size, 100% accurate representation of the abilities allowed in their original series is not important in smash, it's about being that character in spirit.
if it isn't needed for them to jump they shouldn't, but if balance/functionality requires they jump, then chances are they will jump.
again, like kirby, (can you guess who my favorite guy is?) he can't turn into a rock, use a sword or turn into a fireball with out absorbing abilities 1st, but kirby couldn't have much of a move set if he wasn't given these skills as base, and all of them at once (you can only have one at a time), also, kirby has 5 jumps in smash, but unlimited in his games.
one was changed for balance, one for functionality.

i don't know if pikmin need to jump, or if they should.

finally on wiki it says
In an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, the interviewer asked if he planned to do anything with Pikmin. Miyamoto stated that "I certainly don't think we've seen the last of Pikmin," he said. "I definitely would like to do something with them, and I think the Wii interface in particular is very well suited to that franchise."

which i think is what most people are basing that idea off.

as for holding on, yes i read that, and you are most probably right.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
True True but it would look better for the pikmin to hold on olimar's leg hanging for dear life it firs their profile. Mario can double jump (raspberries tounge lethminite.)

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
first jump - normal
pikmin - normally jump also

second jump - slightly higher with a flip
pikmin - flip like they do when thrown in the game

up b - (assuming a max of 5 - 10 pikmin are allowed) olmar has all of the pikmin grab onto eachother and throwns them as a chain, creating a teather jump

-or-

th pikmin throw him up and grab onto his leg and return with him.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
The other topic was lockagzed, so I'll Youko (give an opinion on or of) this moveset.

Side B- Throwing the Pikmin? I think moving them like the C-stick on the Pikmin games would be easier. And they could pick up items and being them to you using SB too.

Up B- I think that a rocket would be a little too extreme, especially for the tourney people, because n00bs would keep using it just to get these items and totally pw3ning the peeps that actually use skill to win. I think it should be throwing a Pikmin into the air (even if you haven't picked any) and launching yourself up (kinda like G&W's).

B- Fine, really. But if you held B, instead of dismissing a Pik or getting it back, you can throw Pikmin.

DB- Almost perfect, but instead of a set flower-bud ect. on their heads, it should be entirely random.

Pikmin- They should not have special powers, for they aren't gonna last more than 30% damge before turning into little ghosties and making that wimper (it always made my cry! =P). An exception is for Purple and white, for white should be poison to whoever Kills it (or kirby eating it), and purple be really heavy and last 50% damage. Also, Olimar should be able to have 20 Pikmin out. It's an even number ending in a zero, that's why.

Taunts should allow Olimar to spray Pikmin or enemies twice per match.

FS- That's fine with me though I do prefer 100 Pikmin flooding onto the stage to attack everyone but the summoner.

And what about Olimar's B attacks when there's no Piks on him? He should:

B- charge punch, like DK's kinda.
SB- He spins around hovering above the ground, legs out to kick nearby peeps.
UB- Mini jetpack, it works like Fox's UB but not fire damage (unless hit from the botom)
DB- T.T Same exact thing, obviously.

Extra: How about on large stages (Hyrule Temple for example), Pikmin can come out of ATs, and they match your colour (Bulbmin for green), then your attaxks are modifed to Olimars's?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
His inclusion I mean... Oops, I didn't make that clear.

I don't support him, or care, why am I posting on here? Good question!

I do, however agree that he could have quite the original moveset.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Completely original. I'm supporting him because Pikmin 2 is one of the most fun games in the world (following SSBM, and ahead of Paper Mario and SA2B), but if I hadn't, I'd still want to play as him.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I really want a double character announcement friday after all of these not-so-amazing announcements. geno and olimar.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
We will be lucky if we even get one character update this month.

But imagine if the delay didn't happen... we would be getting a character a week AT LEAST.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
On Friday it's Shigeru Miyamoto's Birthday!
Yes, you're right, but I didn't notice this before.
Let's hope he will be shown on friday.

Well, Captain Olimar is one of the three characters, I really think there are in Brawl (playable).
CO, Ridley and Krystal.

And if anyone think there are problems with CO and his Pikmins, so he can't be playable.
I think Sakurai isn't an idiot and he can make everything he wants.

Imagine: Playing with Captain Olimar. It's wonderful :laugh:

An idea: Maybe Kirby could steel Pikmins from Captain Olimar? Would be really funny, but wouldn't Kirby be the best character to beat Captain Olimar?

Maggirus

(CO should have more support)

Drake3

Smash Ace
Lol I can't stop laughing at the first post. "A pound a minute"? Oh man, and after I saw the blue picture I was thinking "Is that the best picture egruntz could find? >_>" only to have it followed by "It was the best picture I could find >_>"

Captain Olimar sounds like the biggest smallest, cruellest cutest, dictator in the world. Fortunately that's just what Smash Brothers is missing! However I think the way they make him play and the moveset they give him will be much different. Still amazing, but much different.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i totally support olimar, but i am COMPLETELY against 100 pikmin on the screen, that would screw EVERYTHING up. 15 sounds more manageable, useable and could allow 3 of each color on the screen. 100 is way overdoung it...by alot.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea....Olimar for Brawl and everything but I cant see anything more than like 10-15 or so on screen at once...of course it should be the highest # possible without a drop in frames or any lag at all....

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Olimar should use his breath attacks from Pikmin 2.
Bitter Breat= A> Smash. Turns foe to rock
Spicey Breath=FS. All Pikmin super powered.

Florida

イーグランツ
Lol I can't stop laughing at the first post. "A pound a minute"? Oh man, and after I saw the blue picture I was thinking "Is that the best picture egruntz could find? >_>" only to have it followed by "It was the best picture I could find >_>"

Captain Olimar sounds like the biggest smallest, cruellest cutest, dictator in the world. Fortunately that's just what Smash Brothers is missing! However I think the way they make him play and the moveset they give him will be much different. Still amazing, but much different.
Credit goes to Vali for his humorous and completely awesome moveset.

Can't wait until Friday! No doubt that we'll get a character!
It'd suck if it turned out to be someone such as Luigi, though. =P

Can anyone think of something more to add to the first post?
I'll try to keep this thread as updated as I can!

An idea: Maybe Kirby could steel Pikmins from Captain Olimar? Would be really funny, but wouldn't Kirby be the best character to beat Captain Olimar?
Captain Olimar's worst matchups will turn out to be Kirby, and Captain Olimar.

XD

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
lolz...which Pikmin belongs to who...oh and do you think Louie or w/e should be an alt.?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom