• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

olimar sucks

zrky

Smash Lol'd
why do people say that, he' not my main, but I know he's good. What i don't get is why can't people just take the time to learn how to use him?

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I've never heard anyone say he "sucks". I've heard he's "cheap", though... lol. Most of the time I get something like, "Olimar? Oh yeah. I heard he could be a beast in 1 on 1 fights... I could destroy him with my Ike anyway..."

:p

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've heard "he takes no skill to use" and "broken", but what the heck, I don't care what they think.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Can we please not waste our time with another forum like this? Lets get on the topic on how to win matches in legitimate ways so olly isn't viewed as cheap...rather than talk about this AGAIN...

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Most of the time I get the comment "Man, Olimar is so annoying". The other day, a Marth was complaining: "Yes, I'm sure you can grab really good with a broken grab. Now show some real skills". I mean, a Marth? ftw.

ne_Ziggy

Smash Cadet
Can we please not waste our time with another forum like this? Lets get on the topic on how to win matches in legitimate ways so olly isn't viewed as cheap...rather than talk about this AGAIN...
Define legitimate. :? I'm pretty sure every character can be used "legitimately" at this point.

And I don't understand why people think Olimar is broken. He has grabs, aerials, and smashes, and one usable special (most of the time). His grab range isn't that large or broken compared to other characters (*cough* Marth, D3 *cough*), and he's very light. Olimar needs at least some advantages to compete with the other characters.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree shrink. We need to find ways to get olimar better, but how? I can't think of any AT's off the top of my head. If there was a way to get him better besides just practicing with him, I'd share the new. An ideas guys?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I'm sure others have thought of it, but olimar would better if he could throw the pikmins (i htink is spelled it wrong) just a slightly further, and also if he could do alittle mor damage with them

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I'm sure others have thought of it, but olimar would better if he could throw the pikmins (i htink is spelled it wrong) just a slightly further, and also if he could do alittle mor damage with them
I think this would be the opposite of legitimate.

EazyP

Smash Ace
People can say whatever they want and they will

C.Falcon sucks too but Silent Specter just got 3rd in a 30 person tournament a few days ago and made it to winners finals. Only so much about a character matters, the biggest factor is the player

Top Bottom