• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar should get his new Flying Pikmin recovery move from SmashU/3D.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Nah. His recovery is fine, it just needs to be tweaked so that it actually works consistently.

B.W.

Smash Champion
It does work consistently.

Anyway, it'd be awesome, but flying Pikmin didn't exist until Pikmin 3. Since they didn't exist before Brawl there's no chance we'll see it.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

Anyway, it'd be awesome, but flying Pikmin didn't exist until Pikmin 3. Since they didn't exist before Brawl there's no chance we'll see it.
There's a chance

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Not if your Pikmin decide to stop following you while you're trying to get back on the ledge it doesn't.

...Which happens.

I mean, in your defense it works more often than it doesn't work, but that fraction where it doesn't because your Pikmin refuse to come closer with the whistle is infuriating.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I've still never really had this happen.
I feel like I've mentioned this to you before on this forum at some point. One of these days I'll just make a video of what I'm talking about and post it in one of these threads. I believe you, but I just don't know why it's happened to me so many times and feel like I can't do anything about it.

B.W.

Smash Champion
You're not the only one I've heard this from. I'm not sure why I hear it from other people but manage to not have it happen to me.

Maybe I just whistle way harder than everyone else when I'm recovering. I mash it so it comes out like 6+ times during my recovery.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I seem to remember a PMBR member saying that they tested this long before the Direct, and eventually discarded it. Could just be me making things up, though.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
The PM website states that they are not going to reverse engineer any of the mechanics that appear in Smash 4, else they will risk a Cease and Desist from Nintendo.

http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities

First and foremost as a game mod, we are still under certain legal obligations and restrictions. To stay in Nintendo's good graces and to avoid attracting Cease & Desist letters from 3rd party companies, we are limiting our choice of new characters to those that Nintendo has already licensed for inclusion in Brawl. In other words, that restricts us to characters that already appear in the game in some way, such as trophies, assists, or stickers. Additionally, to avoid appearing as competition to Smash U/3DS sales in Nintendo's eyes, we do not have any plans to try to "back port" any new Smash 4 characters to Project M.

Last edited:
Top Bottom