• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Q&A

Puddin

Smash Lord
ok I have a friend who likes to edge guard me with ZSS' tether recovery, and when i use my recovery it just goes through the ledge, while ZSS is safe below me. is there a way around this? especially when i'm low on pikmin, or have already used my second jump? perhaps a way to stage spike him for payback?
Uhm first bit of advice is to keep a high Pikmin count? His goal is to lower your Pikmin count and edge guard you once he's done so, so don't give him that opportunity. If he kills three Pikmin then stop risking their lives and work for a chance to pluck more. I'm not sure which Pikmin work best against ZSS, either Red or Yellow or maybe neither.

Of course there's the always useful Purple Pikmin throw so try and keep one of those little guys handy to throw whenever you're knocked off.

ok, i will challenge mr.x then
Uhm ok thanks for sharing...

Olimarman

Smash Ace
ok I have a friend who likes to edge guard me with ZSS' tether recovery, and when i use my recovery it just goes through the ledge, while ZSS is safe below me. is there a way around this? especially when i'm low on pikmin, or have already used my second jump? perhaps a way to stage spike him for payback?
Always make sure you have a full line of pikmin, especially towards higher percentages. Keep purple pikmin with you as well at higher percentages. You can throw them at edgeguarding opponents to knock them off while you grab it. Try and save your second jump for when you absolutely need it. Up also gives you a slight vertical boost which can sometimes be just enough to boost you on stage. Sometimes you can fair them into the stage if you are close enough as well. Olimar's up-b can also spike an edgeguarding opponent if you hit on top of them. They will die before you do, so this can effect the outcome of a match. If all else fails, while your falling just spam your whistle. Some players assume you are up to something and hop back onstage then you just up-b onto the ledge. Most players just stay on the edge anyway. Bottom line, Olimar's recovery is terrible, so learn as much as you can about it.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Anybody know what Olimars Nair has against MetaKnights Fair? I'm too busy doing nothing to go and test.

Also the Whistle isn't good for stopping multiple attacks like most of MetaKnights, it's good for avoiding that one attack that could have cost you the game or a stock, and powerful moves in general. i.e. Falcon Punch, Donkey Kong Punch, Warlock Punch, the tip of Marths fully charged shield breaker lol.

Top Bottom