• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** Olimar on BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO18

Smash Hero
Dam him. Seriously campy olimar on bf is super gay. Other stages hes fine but I have to like pick up a 2nd specifically for olimar on BF.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wrecked this DDD on BF last week at a tourney. 0-80% combos are sexy.

Uh, advice: Try to stay on the ground and space with ftilt when up close. Don't get grabbed, and most importantly, don't ever stand on the platforms, EVER! But...you probably new that already, so I'll leave you to rant.

Peace out.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
agreed, campy olimars aren't too bad, but on BF, yes gayness

i don't really have any advice since i haven't played a good olimar yet w/ DDD

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
if the olimar doesn't have purple pikmin just ignore the latch and pressure the heck out of him, get him off the edge and go for easy kills, i play against olimar all the time and imo.... dddcide is the funniest thing in the world

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Olimars are some of the worst spammers.
Players new to Olimar can spam and succeed at it.

I haven't played any great Olimars so I won't know, but WoP Bairs are your best bet.. maybe?

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
I prefer to whip out the ****,

that big blue penguin ****,

and just let him have it.

I find that he has a very difficult time not becoming paralyzed at the sheer size and strength of the Penguin ****.

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
If it helps I've found out you can up-tilt over his grabs because King Dedede gets up on his hammer hes not technically there to get grabbed. (Tested not a theory)

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, a good Olimar is lethal. My brother uses him, and owns my Dedede all the time. u__u

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
for DDD, a great strategy against olimar is to space him well, his Grab has extreme range but ftilt is just a little further, the olimar i play gets an almost guaranteed 60% on me with the first grab, olimar is a big problem for ddd

napZzz

Smash Hero
Shrinks olimar is good >.<

I couldnt touch him. All I could do was tilt. Waddle dees dont help either. Your only hope appears to be gimping with your bair, and it seems the dsmash works well if they try to start rolling around you.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Spam Ftilt like it's a godsend if he's spamming pikman at you. Space yourself so you don't get grabbed.
Use SHFF Uair if he's above you.
Do not try and go in the air to approach him, it hurts with the pikman and the chain coming at you.
Save your Dsmash for the killing move or use it when he rolls behine you.

Annoying? Yes. But this might help.

Killress

Smash Ace
I prefer to whip out the ****,

that big blue penguin ****,

and just let him have it.

I find that he has a very difficult time not becoming paralyzed at the sheer size and strength of the Penguin ****.
That was a nice spam post. I'm sure it helped a lot.

When fighting a spammy Olimar, spam back w/ waddle dees, and space w/ ftilt.

Tyser

Smash Champion
^ You cant out spam an Olimar. Have tried it. It doesnt work so good.

Against Olly, gimping the shit out of him is your best bet so do it. Easier said then done, BUT DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom