• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar: Officially Broken-This could be big

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I've always found Olimar to be a bit overpowered. A few white Pikmin on ya followed by a quick Fsmash means instant death. Unfortunately, I think I may have discovered something that makes him even more broken than he already is.

So my friend and I were playing some friendly matches at my house to warm up before a tournament. I chose Marth and he got Olimar through random. I start out and, to be honest, I was kicking his ***. Suddenly, I go in for a dash attack, and he uses his Down Special, Pikmin Order, and my attack does nothing. He takes the damage, but he stays in place where he is. No knockback at all. Needless to say, we were stunned. We decided to test this move out some more to see to what extent it would block attack. As it turns out, it will even absorb Marth's Critical Hit. Holy God. We went to the tournament and decided to see if the move is viable fore competitive play. Yeah, it is.

I'll put up a replay in a little bit to demonstrate. If this is common knowledge or at least already known, feel free to have mods lock this thread.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
It's been known for a while that Olimar's down special has invincibility frames. There's a fair number of characters with invincibility frames in a couple of their moves.

I believe Ike has the most moves like that.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Super Armor Frames=/= Invincibility Frames

Characters with SAF still take damage, but no knockback. Invincibility Frames grant no damage and no knockback. Roy hits... Oh wait...

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yeah, I already have a video or four where my friend's Olimar does this to moves. There's also a video of Math hitting Olimar with a Final Smash during those frames.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Did you know that Ike, Bowser, Wario and Charizard can do this before hitboxes come out.

Oh man, these guys are totally broken now. Well, we're just gonna have to ban them.

jwei0502

Smash Rookie
South Carolina, USA. 1676-3462-1900. Good Luck! =]
It's been known for a while that Olimar's down special has invincibility frames. There's a fair number of characters with invincibility frames in a couple of their moves.

I believe Ike has the most moves like that.
It's not invincibility frames, it's super armor frames. The difference is that incibility will not allow you to be hit at all whereas super armor makes you take the damage but with no knock-back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom