• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar MU Help

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Hi guys. I have just started using Diddy competitively, and I am having a bit of trouble fighting Olimar. I also just have a lack of Olimar skill. Olimar just seems to out space Diddy really easily, and Diddy just can't seem to get in. What should I be doing in this MU? Should I just switch over to my secondary, Yoshi? Thank you. :)

I speak Spanish too

Smash Journeyman
This was seen as one of Diddy's most difficult MU's since the beginning of the game, and it stills holds true. If you want to iron out the MU though you need to really download the opposing Olimar and try find a way to infiltrate his defenses. This is true for any character but since Olimar is so frustrating to deal with, you'll need mostly reads to break through his mid-range neutral game. I would say you should direct your punishes to throwing him off-stage since Diddy's ledge trapping is the best in the game, and can easily smack Olimar with any aerial off-stage. Most importantly though, you want to keep on the pressure. Don't let the opposing Olimar get at distance from you, direct your footsies game to fighting him up close and keep him there. Hope this helps.

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
Thank you! :D What do you mean by ledge trapping? Edge guarding?

HammyHowell

Smash Rookie
Dont know if this helps. But JJRockets is an expert in this matchup. I wish there were more videos of it that I could find though. I personally think how you position your self and utilize Fair is really important. One wrong step you are gonna eat so much damage though.
DIDDY VS OLIMAR VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5BXRLebipI

Last edited:

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
Thanks, that really helped. That ending was SICK! He never seems to take the pressure off!

Top Bottom