• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Matchup Thread

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
As soon as oli is offstage Kirby can bair fair dair the **** out of him, so yea
I wound't say Kirby edgeguards Olimar easily, at least not the best at edgeguarding Olimar. I even think there's lot of characters that can edgeguard Olimar better. If he tries to Fair you, you can SDI through the fair and get back on stage. Bair is good, but Olimar can mix up going high and low and swat kitby away with a fair, so there are mixups. Kirby is sort of slow too, so if he missed an edgeguard, he might not be in time to punish the endlag of Ionium Jet.

As Dotcom said that's Kirby's strength as well as his tech-chase game. But Olimar has a clear advantage in range, and perhaps KO power in his strong airials. So he can basically wall Kirby out in the first place.

Last edited:

Yang Ming

Smash Rookie
I have played a lot against a campy Samus, and I would say we do pretty well. Olimar must move between platforms a lot to escape from the missiles and sometimes you side B, which can hit when used from both upper and lower platforms. If Samus tries to kill the Pikmin, just do what we always do: punish. You don't really have to approach most of the time. Also: a purple side B can destroy a missile AND hit Samus, and Pikmin on the arena can block the charge shot. None of them have great punishes against each other. I really think this MU is at least even.

Last edited:
Top Bottom