• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Kirby

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Maybe Kriby's Olimar B is different. Maybe he just pulls out an item pikmen and if you hit B again, he throws it..

Talking Curtain

Smash Cadet
The most logical thing that would work would be for Kirby to pluck one pikmin at a time and immediately throw it. That way the original move (pluck) is still present, but it actually does something useful for Kirby. Unless Sakurai wants to get really creative with Kirby's moveset this time around.
just picking them up and throwing them makes the most sense.

supergamer

Smash Cadet
I think when kirby plucks a Pikmin, that Pikmin will be a special moveing item used only by kirby.
What I mean is kirby plucks one then he can grab it like a normal item and throw it at any one

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I just hope they don't cop out and just give him the antenna with the spark. Because Astronaut Kirby WOULD definitely own.
Same... I hate how they just gave zerosuit samus kirby a blonde ponytail.. Im expecting just an attenae unfortunately. :(

Torchik

Smash Ace
Did you guys ever think that Olimar can still literally DO his smashes and other attacks, but without his Pikmin, he'll have so little range and power, its worthless. Its not like they can make you UNABLE to insert the command for a Smash attack, they have to have SOMETHING happen.

The way I see it working is, say Olimar's Forward Smash is a big swinging punch. Without a Pikmin, his stubby arms aren't gonna do much, but if he grabs, say, a red Pikmin, then suddenly the attack has more reach, and a fire element, as well as above average damage. After the attack, the red Pikmin is either dead, or returns to the back of the line. Then he does another Smash attack, and he grabs a yellow Pikmin, adding even more reach, an electric property, and average damage. It cycles.

When Kirby uses the Pikmin Pluck to get Pikmin following him, it works in a slightly different way. Kirby does a Forward Smash, and his attack gains whatever properties the current Pikmin gives. So Kirby would burn his opponent and deal more damage if a red Pikmin were next, and he'd kick out farther, and shock his opponent if a yellow Pikmin were next.

An alternate way of looking at it is, maybe Kirby doesn't suck up OLIMAR, but the Pikmin themselves! All of his attacks could gain the properties of whichever Pikmin he absorbs.

You, sir, are a genious.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
To me it seems that when Olimar pulls out a Pikmin, they turn into "items" that only Olimar can pick up. He picks them up like a normal item, then charges and swings them to do his smashes and such. Like the homerun bat or beamsword. that means it'd be the same for Kirby, he'd pull out Pikmin, then pick them up and use as weapons.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
maybe when Pikmin get close enough to opponents they just start attacking on their own like in the Pikmin games. This could be used by Kirby. Also, maybe they act as little meat shield that can block projectiles. Both of these could be useful

HiIH

Smash Lord
Dr Luigi said:
While Olimar can pick up to 6 Pikmin, then what does his B move do? Maybe it does another move that we don't know about let like an attack trumpet or something.

Kirby could just get 6 Pikmin and then use whatever happens then.
This sounds the coolest and most likely.

Top Bottom