• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OLIMAR IS out ALPH is in!

Thatfireemblemfanboy

Smash Rookie
Recently at the ssb4 3DS demo event (in japan) Olimar was confirmed to have an Alph (from pikmin 3) skin, its a full model change, it looks really epic!

LucinaSuitSamus

Smash Cadet
I saw this too! I'm not really happy, nor upset as I'd never really played Pikmin.

But I'm assuming this is the pic you're talking about? This pic also confirms Fire Rosalina (no ponytail), and Fierce Deity Link.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Ick. Hardly ever going to use it. Olimar is so much better looking.

Luminario

Smash Lord
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BRITTANY! I will remain bitter about this for years. I could have gone "It's Brittany b*tch" every time I picked her just to annoy my brother but I GET NOTHING!
In all seriousness though he looks pretty cute and I certainly see people using him more than Olimar.

Solomon

Smash Rookie
Sort of sad on Olimar's colors selection I'm gunna miss the silver one. Now If Alph gets the better colors I'll sadly have to play him.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I kinda wanted Louie more. They're the original duo. Plus they kinda have more character.

Alph is basically Kid Olimar... which is probably why they used him.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Ok? So we get Alph but no Louie? What kind of bullsh-

Do we atleast get a Brittany gender swap or no?

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Ok? So we get Alph but no Louie? What kind of bullsh-

Do we atleast get a Brittany gender swap or no?
Nope. Sakurai confirmed last week that each character will be getting 8 alt palettes, of which includes alternate costumes.

Yet for some reason, it's been said Little Mac got 16...

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Nope. Sakurai confirmed last week that each character will be getting 8 alt palettes, of which includes alternate costumes.

Yet for some reason, it's been said Little Mac got 16...
Well that sux.

Yeah, he get's 8 for original and 8 for "wireframe" little mac. Kind of like Wario and "biker" Wario.

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I would've rather have had Charlie or Louie. Maybe even Louie as a clone so Olimar has 8 colors. Idk I just think Alph's eyes look weird xD

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
That's cool, although I kind of wish it were Louie instead. Alph and the gang are quite relevant with Pikmin 3, but Louie's true character was really brought out in Pikmin 3 I found... I was laughing at the screen a few times when he'd come around.

Like this scene (ends around 2.40, the rest is just game-play)

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I'll be using Alph more as I think he's cuter, just sayin'

What did Sakurai mean when he said, "he can't use rock pikmin either" though? Can Olimar? Why isn't Alph a separate character then?

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
The "Alph" inclusion as an alternate Captain Olimar costume is surprising, but I'll probably be playing as Captain Olimar because he's classic and was first (the first main character in his own series, as well as the first Pikmin character in the Super Smash Bros. series with the assistance of the Pikmin), along with having a better design (in my opinion).

Last edited:
Top Bottom