• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar is he that powerful?

geekd

Smash Apprentice
yeah dangr I agree for the most part

-brawl rewards playing defensively more so than offensively. (playing offensively requires more skill and control of your character than playing defensively does for the most part)
-It's more important to space and be patient in melee, whereas in brawl you can just jump into the fray and you'll have a pretty good chance to come out on top.(takes less skill)
Although those two points seem counter to eachother

I think that in brawl they added a lot more interesting defensive options (specifically airdodge and agreed, an easier sheildgrab). For me at least, tho, I think they just do a good job of forcing unpredictability. If your opponent can quess your next move, they almost surely have a defensive option. It just makes mindgames a massive neccessity. Im still a bit on the fence as to whether or not I like this change from melee. I just wanna see how it developes into the metagame first.

I guess to kinda tie this back into the question of whether or not olimar is to powerful to be fun to play with--if you are just pikmin spaming for damage and usmashing for kills, then no that doesn't sound like much fun. I enjoy playing him for the variable attack powers of each pikmin, the constant threat of edgehog gimping, and his WA makes his look way bad ***. Spaming is effective--but where's the fun?

Top Bottom