• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar in brawl actually deconfirm a Pikmin 3 in developement?

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Well, last year around September Nintendo renewed their Pikmin trademark. When I heard this it led me to believe they had a Pikmin 3 already in development, but now that Pikmin are confirmed to be in Brawl it could simply mean they renewed it for Brawl. Now I'm not saying that their will never be a Pikmin 3 I'm just saying that what was once thought to be in the planning stages may be further away than some of us thought...

EDIT: I'm not saying that there will never be a Pikmin 3. I'm saying that Pikmin fans thought that it was in production already due to information from nintendo, but might be wrong

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Well, considering there is not much to go by, one does have to be skeptical no matter what. However, with the Wii controls, I could easily see an interesting take on the Pikmin series. Nevertheless, maybe you could find some sources of information on the subject?

[edit: Apparently, I like commas]

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
OVERSPECULATION!

Seriously, Pikmin 3 is believed to be under production, but that is unknown at this time, and same with Star Fox Wii. The Pikmin series is a new series that sells decently (it's two games already have sold over 2 million units, about half of what the Star Fox series has done in 5 games). Stop jumping to conclusions, as Nintendo has a lot on their plate in terms of series to bring to the Wii. First smash, then Mario Kart, then F-Zero, Pikmin, Star Fox, and Animal Crossing (in no particular order with the last four).

Jellyfloater

Smash Rookie
Miyamoto has pretty much confirmed it on at least two occasions. Still, that could change, and he didn't say it was definite, just very probable.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Well, last year around September Nintendo renewed their Pikmin trademark. When I heard this it led me to believe they had a Pikmin 3 already in development, but now that Pikmin are confirmed to be in Brawl it could simply mean they renewed it for Brawl. Now I'm not saying that their will never be a Pikmin 3 I'm just saying that what was once thought to be in the planning stages may be further away than some of us thought...
This has no logic. It's like saying since Mario is in Brawl, there will be no more Mario games.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't saying that there would never be one, Miyamoto flat out told us there would. I'm just saying it might not be in production at this moment like previous thought

(and blankuser15, they renewed the Pikmin trademark back when they trademarked the check mii out channel and balance board)

Jellyfloater

Smash Rookie
I wasn't saying that there would never be one, Miyamoto flat out told us there would. I'm just saying it might not be in production at this moment like previous thought

(and blankuser15, they renewed the Pikmin trademark back when they trademarked the check mii out channel and balance board)
Oh, I get you.

Still, renewing the trademark purely for Brawl seems to be a waste when they could use it for more, doesn't it?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
OVERSPECULATION!

Seriously, Pikmin 3 is believed to be under production, but that is unknown at this time, and same with Star Fox Wii. The Pikmin series is a new series that sells decently (it's two games already have sold over 2 million units, about half of what the Star Fox series has done in 5 games). Stop jumping to conclusions, as Nintendo has a lot on their plate in terms of series to bring to the Wii. First smash, then Mario Kart, then F-Zero, Pikmin, Star Fox, and Animal Crossing (in no particular order with the last four).
Any word on a new Kirby game?

On-topic: Look at Olimar's suit. He didn't have buttons on it in the games. This hints at Pikmin 3.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Any word on a new Kirby game?

On-topic: Look at Olimar's suit. He didn't have buttons on it in the games. This hints at Pikmin 3.
It doesn't really hint at one, not that I'm saying there won't be! Just playing devil's advocate here. Everyone in Brawl is recieving a vamp in their appearance, even Game&Watch got an upgraded look in Melee. This doesn't mean that there will be another game, just that they want this game to be the best possible and part of that is looking as good as they can.

Also, I don't think this deconfirms that there was work on a Pikmin 3 game. The chances that they don't have one under development already are slim, with Pikmin's resounding success and the time it's been since we had a new one.

Explain this:

"I certainly don't think we've seen the last of Pikmin. I definitely would like to do something with them, and I think the Wii interface in particular is very well suited to that franchise." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Explain this:

"I certainly don't think we've seen the last of Pikmin. I definitely would like to do something with them, and I think the Wii interface in particular is very well suited to that franchise." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Do you really think I haven't seen that? This is not what I was trying to say, everyone knows there will be a Pikmin 3 eventually, if you would actually read my post you'd understand what I meant,

Top Bottom