• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar has an extra jump?

Spark Savage

Smash Rookie
Hey Smash Community , I recently found out that in mid jump if you time an Uair it actually launches you higher in the air , I don't know if its a glitch. I have not tried to use it to return back to the stage , but if it really works that way , Olimar will be known to have a way better recovery game. Let me know what you guys think about this?

PS: This combined with double jump, neutral b, and Up B in air is amazing

Last edited:

The Prince: SDJ

Smash Apprentice
Spark, how many pikmin do you need to have when doing this? Also, do you need a specific color or a Lf Bd FL on the pikmin

Lf stands for leaf
Bd stands for bud
FL stands for flower

Last edited:

Spark Savage

Smash Rookie
Sorry about the wait guys , but it can be done with any pikmin no matter the bud/color. What I found out is that it uses up your double jump so in fact its not an extra one , the way to do it is to time Uair after a neutral b in the air

Soniv

Smash Cadet
Sorry about the wait guys , but it can be done with any pikmin no matter the bud/color. What I found out is that it uses up your double jump so in fact its not an extra one , the way to do it is to time Uair after a neutral b in the air
oh, maybe that's where my 2nd jump keeps going... D=

Soniv

Smash Cadet
It would be amazing if it's something we can actually utilize. Having another vertical gain besides Pikmin Pluck would be sweet for mind grapes and recovery alike.

Spark Savage

Smash Rookie
Do you guys think this is a bug or glitch? Or do you think this was purposely added to olimar?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Probably not there on purpose. I've yet to really see what you're talking about though. Will test tonight.

B.W.

Smash Champion
If I did it, like I think I did, then the U-Air doesn't actually come out and it just uses the double jump. There is a reason for this.

The C-Stick in Brawl acts as "Direction + A Button." PMBR hasn't brought back Melee C-Stick functions (I don't believe they can).

If you time your U-Air right (or wrong if you want to look at it that way) you can double jump with the C-Stick after a midair Pikmin Pluck. It's probably something you should never aim to use on purpose unless you like controlling things in a weird way.

Top Bottom