• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar grab time

Zyg

Smash Rookie
Hello I hope i am not putting this in a wrong topic and that it hasn't been posted before (couldn't find it :> )

But i was wondering if anyone could tell me how many hits per % you can give during a grab and still have time to throw your opponent

For exemple before 20% if you give one hit the opponent will slip out of your grab right after ...

Is there some kind of chart for that ? Is it the same with every character or may be some of them have better grasp.

Well if anyone can help me or direct me it would be nice §

Iraku

Smash Cadet
Well, I think it depends more with what the opponent is doing and how high their damage is (possibly?). With computer players at a high level, you can usually get 1-2 at most. I'm not sure if there's anything specific to Olimar relating to how long he can grab someone and punch them before they break free.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
idk, i wish there was a chart. I usually just do something like this to be safe:

under 50%-no hits
50-100-1 hit
100-15o-2 hits

I might squeeze in a couple more if i decided not to hit last time or something in order to throw them off. The info I gave you hasn't been tested [by me]

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
idk, i wish there was a chart. I usually just do something like this to be safe:

under 50%-no hits
50-100-1 hit
100-15o-2 hits

I might squeeze in a couple more if i decided not to hit last time or something in order to throw them off. The info I gave you hasn't been tested [by me]
Generally correct, my friend. Based on what NC-Echo did...(yeah him again :bee:)

Under 40%-No hits. Echo tried a hit at 30%, and the opponent broke free
40%-50%-1 hit.
50%-85%-2 hits.
85% onwards-3 hits.

Hi,

I found a video that shows it, type into YouTube "Samus Naked" and it will come up with the video dont know why it does but it does show how many hits Olimar does.

OlimarFan is awesome.... not good at chess though.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Or if it's Ness or Lucas, just keep mashing a until they get out, and ftilt or fsmash them....

But yeah, what they said ^_^

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Sneaky, R_Assassin :p. 3 is max, if you can hit more you should be able to kill.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Hi,

I found a video that shows it, type into YouTube "Samus Naked" and it will come up with the video dont know why it does but it does show how many hits Olimar does.

OlimarFan is awesome.... not good at chess though.
The YouTube Video with the name tag 'Samus Naked' is not a video showing Olimar's grab timing.

About the chess thing...I'm rated around 1500-1600, my friend. I wouldn't be spearheading my school team if I wasn't good...

P.S. Nice to see you in the forums, TC. Welcome to the Pikmin and Olimar Thread. :bee:

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Or if it's Ness or Lucas, just keep mashing a until they get out, and ftilt or fsmash them....

But yeah, what they said ^_^
That's a nice trick. :) I'm going to try that and take advantage of that small delay that Ness and Lucas have after breaking out of a grab.

Top Bottom