• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Attacking w/o Pikmin

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
Just wondering, does anyone know if Olimar will be able to do at least A attacks without some Pikmin? Because it would be like hard if Olimar was stuck being "juggled" and couldn't A-Down out of it.

Cinder

Smash Master
Just wondering, does anyone know if Olimar will be able to do at least A attacks without some Pikmin? Because it would be like hard if Olimar was stuck being "juggled" and couldn't A-Down out of it.
Motivation to keep Pikmin...and I think his standard A will be a one-two punch/long punch combo (from Pikmin 2)...and maybe tilts and some aerials...idk...

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
Well, I know the Don't run out of pikmin. Obviously. But even so, Pikmin can't really help you if your in the air and out of there reach. If Olimar was ENTIRLY dependant on them, it would be very challenging. He's not like Pokemon Trainer, who has no moves but doesn't have to fight.

Man, thinknig about thing really makes this seem like some freaky symbiosis. Olimar die=Pikmin die. Pikmin die=Olimar die.

Well obviously nobody knows any more than you would. How could we? But we can safely assume that many of Olimar's attacks can be done without the Pikmin. Otherwise, Sakurai would not have bothered to point out the specific moves that he can't do without them.

He's not like Pokemon Trainer, who has no moves but doesn't have to fight.
Incorrect, he has one move, the down special.

Man, thinknig about thing really makes this seem like some freaky symbiosis. Olimar die=Pikmin die. Pikmin die=Olimar die.
Relax. If the Pikmin are killed, Olimar can pluck more out. If he is KOd, then the Pikmin will have to be called back with Pikmin Order (down special) when he returns.

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
Ok, got me on the PKMN trainer.

And, I guess your right. Maybe he could, just he'd likely be weak.

Yeah, but that's assuming they don't get killed...unless...they latch onto opponents when not under Oli's command...like they do in the games...
Yea but he can pluck more out in no time. By the looks of it, he can pluck three before they even touch the ground. I'm sure you can get six before your invincibility wears off.

And, I guess your right. Maybe he could, just he'd likely be weak.
Again, given the relative ease of having Pikmin at your disposal, I don't think so.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Just a guess, but wouldn't it be easier to fast fall the new airdodge through your opponent to break out of a juggle like that?

Top Bottom