• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar/Alph 1.0.8 changes??

Wigglybear

Smash Rookie
NNID
wigglybear100
I've been messing around all day with all the new characters and old characters who received buffs, but I wasn't able to notice anything for olimar! Anyone notice any buffs/nerfs?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
None, except for his Pikmin lineup reversal being patched out. If you don't know what that is it was pretty much whenever he grabbed the ledge a certain way his lineup would be reverse order when he got off the ledge. Everything else is the same.

Wigglybear

Smash Rookie
NNID
wigglybear100
None, except for his Pikmin lineup reversal being patched out. If you don't know what that is it was pretty much whenever he grabbed the ledge a certain way his lineup would be reverse order when he got off the ledge. Everything else is the same.
*sigh* always hoping for a little buff

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I'm not quite sure but, the time between the grab and the next input seems shorter for me with Olimar and longer for other characters.
May that be possible?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I'm not quite sure but, the time between the grab and the next input seems shorter for me with Olimar and longer for other characters.
May that be possible?
Highly unlikely, Olimar's standing/dash grab just have a lot of lag normally.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I meant Priority-wise.
Oh I'm pretty sure that it's unchanged, but I can test. Seems odd that if anything was changed uair would be the only one touched. Considering Pikmin themselves are why they clank and not the aerial.

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Oh I'm pretty sure that it's unchanged, but I can test. Seems odd that if anything was changed uair would be the only one touched. Considering Pikmin themselves are why they clank and not the aerial.
If I remember correctly, pikmin had priority in brawl, no?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
If I remember correctly, pikmin had priority in brawl, no?
I don't exactly know the mechanics of Pikmin in Brawl. It's been awhile since I played, and even then I wasn't super familiar with them in that game compared to Smash 4. I do believe they're different to an extent in this game. I don't remember my smashes losing all the time in Brawl.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Giving Pikmin the same priority as normal moves so we didn't lose trades all the time. Thats really all he needs.

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Hey, this isn't exactly related to the 1.0.8 patch, but I did want to point out something that's still related to Olimar that hasn't been discussed in this sub-forum.

I started testing KO percentages again now that I have a lot of free time on my hands, but I noticed that Olimar's smash attacks killed a little later than last time I tested them (during 1.0.4, I think?). Percentages are tested w/ a red Pikmin on Mario w/ behavior set to "Control", at the center of the ground platform on Battlefield, and DI'ing horizontally toward the stage for Fsmash and Dsmash and DI'ing away for Usmash.

Patch|Fsmash|Usmash|Dsmash
1.0.4|114|108|139
1.0.8|121|112|152

I looked around on the Competitive Discussion forum and saw that there were changes to six of Olimar's Pikmin attacks in base knockback and knockback growth, back in the 1.0.6 patch. So I'm guessing that Olimar's smash attacks were 3 of those 6 Pikmin attacks.

Last edited:

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
I think the vectoring/DI changes happened in the 1.0.4 patch.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
So they nerfed some smashes? Seems odd to me. Anyway I think we need a frame 3 Nair that auto cancels like everyone else in the game also a faster aerial movement I swear he has the worst fast fall in the game I can't ever get back down to the ground

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
So they nerfed some smashes? Seems odd to me. Anyway I think we need a frame 3 Nair that auto cancels like everyone else in the game also a faster aerial movement I swear he has the worst fast fall in the game I can't ever get back down to the ground
our nair is fine, it combo's into smashes on heavy's and uptilt on pretty much the rest of the cast. and if you have trouble getting back to the stage, just fall to the left or right and grab the ledge.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
If Olimar had a safe way back to solid ground, he'd be on the verge of S tier.

Last edited:

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
If Olimar had a safe way back to solid ground, he'd be on the verge of S tier.
Totally agree, it supposed to be Little Mac the god of the ground, which really is but with so few aerials option, I think we are far better on ground.
Just for the record... little mac destroys me xD.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of buffs I can't stand our jab i wish we could do one jab then grab like my gamenwatch but no lol I hit jab then grab and it jabs again

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Speaking of buffs I can't stand our jab i wish we could do one jab then grab like my gamenwatch but no lol I hit jab then grab and it jabs again
You can do jab1 -> jab2 -> grab at mid-low percents on most characters.

Top Bottom