• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar a good Teammate?

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
in 2vs2 battles?

Say friendly fire would be on, would the pikmin continue to hit olimar's teammate if he accidently threw pikmin at him/her?

So, would Olimar be a good teammate. I guess the other person could draw attention to himself for a moment so that Olimar can pluck his pikmin.

What are your thoughts? Discuss.

IllidR

Smash Champion
So it'd be better if Olimar had his partner take attention? So he can go and get double teamed and most likely KOed in the time Olimar is plucking his Pikmin. But don't worry, then Olimar could swiftly move into the battle and throw his Pikmin, but oops, they landed on and are now pummeling your partner.

Really though, it's hard to tell now if Olimar would be a good partner for 2v2. Really, I think he'd be very hard to be a good teammate with. Maybe if there was a 2-Olimar team then they could pick up each other's Pikmin. But this is all speculation.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Why would anyone put friendly fire on, especially with Final Smashes in game.

Anyways, Olimar could easily wrack up damage on a player and have the other guy (Ike) come in and finish him off.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Why would anyone put friendly fire on, especially with Final Smashes in game.
Because then it becomes strategy and not a spamfest.

As for the topic, I think he'll be okay at it. He won't be great, but he won't suck. I think it will be too easy for his Pikmin to get killed with two people attacking you at once, since if you leave the fray to throw Pikmin/camp/whatever, it will be too easy for your partner to get double teamed, especially since your Pikmin throws won't interupt your opponent's attacks unless they're purple (or maybe blue since they're "strong" when thrown). However, I think Olimar will have some mighty range with those Pikmin (smashes, aerials, maybe more) which will greatly aid him in the 2v2 scene, though like I said, I think it'll be hard to avoid Pikmin assaults.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i think if you managed to get all of one color pikmin, then olimar on a tagteam would be AMAZING. like all red with your teamate as bowser or charizard then you are set as a team...

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Just whistle to get them off if they accidently attack your partner. Simple
Yes, but time spent whistling could be better spent attacking. Also, if you are whistling and not attacking, your teammate will probably be being double teamed.

Qbuilderz - You wouldn't have that big of an advantage, even if you did manage to pull it off. Only ONE of their attacks uses fire (I think), and even if they did use fire on Olimar, he would be getting hit so he wouldn't be able to command his Pikmin to attack.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
The thing is, Olimar will not be such a great 2 vs 2 partner (nor a F4Aler), he is not built for that.

Olimar will truly shine in 1vs1 where he can keep his opponent under control at all times.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
I just think his 1vs1 and ffa/team should be played differently.

Example:
1vs1: Okay to through lots of Pikmin, call back for recovery, save purple or red for attacks

ffa/team: Conserve Pikmin for attack, defense, and recovery (don't rely on pikmin throw for damage)

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Its impossible to tell at the moment. There are too many variables.

If you're dumb enough to throw pikmin at your partner, then its you who is the bad teammate.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
ack, Olimar will be so deadly in 2v2s it's unbelievable. Hae your partner get their attention, pluck pikmin, and come from behind and bring the pain.

S2

Smash Lord
We don't know enough about Olimar.

I'm guessing he probably won't though. He seems to be a strange character who will probably rely on some abusable strats.

You gotta remember that in team, oftentimes 1 person will get double-teamed. If Olimar has to retreat to get more pikmin, thats time when his partner is left open for attacks.

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
it all depends on how smart they make the pikmin. if they make them halfway smart, they'll realize they're attacking your buddy and get off him.
it would be simple to do that, if someone is on your team, say red just put something for olimar's pikmin no attacking fellow color unless friendly fire on, in which case it will take the pikmin a longer time to realize it's your buddy

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but time spent whistling could be better spent attacking. Also, if you are whistling and not attacking, your teammate will probably be being double teamed.
And if you leave the pikmin on which are dealing anything from fire to poison damage over time, they're gonna get owned even more. It's not all about attacking :urg:

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I think an Olimar with good aim would be a good team mate. Pair him with a fast character who can keep enimies away from him so he can spam his Pikmin and do some nice damage.

Top Bottom