• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar´s Space Suit

KappaKooper

Smash Rookie
Do you realize that the only Brawl character that have sense in the Stage of Lylat Cruise (no oxygen)is Olimar? Cause the space suit XD
Samus is discarted cuase the FS problem (break down her power suit and turning into Zamus)
Comment

KappaKooper

Smash Rookie
Wow thanks for the information but please tell me where you read that oxygen is poisonous to olimar
I really want to know X_XU

burrito

Smash Lord
It's kind of complicated. Although, never outright stated in the games, it is made pretty obvious that the Distant Planet is Earth. Olimar can't breath the air on the Distant Planet because it's poisonous. So, since the air is oxygen that means it must be poisonous to Olimar. Olimar is an alien, after all.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
It's kind of complicated. Although, never outright stated in the games, it is made pretty obvious that the Distant Planet is Earth. Olimar can't breath the air on the Distant Planet because it's poisonous. So, since the air is oxygen that means it must be poisonous to Olimar. Olimar is an alien, after all.
All true. and yes Distant Planet is supposed to be Earth, the "Proton AA" treasure in Pikmin, is actually a Duracell (yes brand name) AA battery.

And going into a more real setting, oxygen is poisonous to ALL living beings (it corrodes everything) even us Humans that need it to live.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Wow thanks for the information but please tell me where you read that oxygen is poisonous to olimar
He said it IN THE GAME.
Olimar said:
To make matters worse, my atmospheric sensors indicate this planet's environment contains high levels of poisonous oxygen. My life support systems can function for only 30 days. If i can't repair the Dolphin by then... No! Better not to think about it. I must find the missing ship parts!
heres a video of the intro so you can read it yourself: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WMF5wOnVj90
Also in the cutscene after you collect every treasure in Pikmin 2 you can clearly see Australia: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4wkeLdbhUmY
EDIT: for those of you that don't want spoilers, (edit#2, better quality pic)

another edit: also how do you explain this treasure from Pikmin 2?
I'm sorry for getting all worked up about it but everywhere I go I hear people talking about this. There really shouldn't be a debate, it's obviously earth.
It's Earth guys.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
But if Pikmin takes place on Earth, why are there no humans?
That's the big question.

I think it has something to do with the Pellet Posies (they can't have evolved naturally with Arabic numerals on them...). Maybe they were created to feed mankind, but something went wrong and it turned out to eradicate mankind.

To add to the confusion, there are tiny walls in the Pikmin games; just large enough to block your pikmin, but it would be useless for humans... who built them? Why? And who built the Pikmin's onion-shaped UFO's? Maybe pikmin used to be intelligent, but de-evolved....

Then again, Pikmin was framed as an "it was all a dream.... or was it?" kind of story.

It's anyone's guess.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Play Pikmin it tells you in the first ten minutes, it's even in the manual. But you are right he is wearing a space suit he just breathes ammonia or methane or something.

heirware since 230bc

Smash Rookie
Yeah Earth in the pikmin series has probably undergone vast changes. Either humanity has gone extinct for some reason that we can't explain, or he is simply too small for them to notice and olimar by chance doesn't stumble upon them. It doesn't really matter though. That's the point of the planet, because it's so familiar, yet weirdly alien at the same time.

Top Bottom