• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I wasnt sure where to put this, so I put it here :/ I wanted to make a tech skill video with Kirby, since I consider myself a very technical player. I know Kirby isnt a technical character, but that is the very reason I made this.

http://youtu.be/W4GVJasFI_Y

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I really need to try the footstool to Down B. That seems really cheap but amazing.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I like the video. It has some nice little tricks and gives a little show of how kirby can move around.

That footstool to down b is sexy. I'm going to practice that and try it out on my friends.

I really like that little trick on distance planet at 1:41. It will be very useful for recovering. Does that work on any other stage?

Random23

Smash Cadet
Is that footstall down-b actually viable? Looks crazy good, if a bit hard to do, and really frustrating for your opponents. Have you pulled it off in any actual game?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Is that footstall down-b actually viable? Looks crazy good, if a bit hard to do, and really frustrating for your opponents. Have you pulled it off in any actual game?
Ive never pulled it off against actual players, but have pulled it off against level 9s. Im sure you cannot actually get like 30%+ to death with that tho, but a few times are viable imo. It was mainly their to show the tech skill... not sure if any of those combos actually work or not. But Kirby's rock is really good imo, no one really uses it for punishes, it can easily be comboed into certain things like hammer at mid-high %s. Pretend the ones on Fox and DK only was the last footstool rock, that is an actual combo im sure since I get that on people and computers all the time.
I like the video. It has some nice little tricks and gives a little show of how kirby can move around.

That footstool to down b is sexy. I'm going to practice that and try it out on my friends.

I really like that little trick on distance planet at 1:41. It will be very useful for recovering. Does that work on any other stage?
It works on distant planet, the hazard stage part of Halberd, and battlefield... but the battlefield one is way hard to pull off while the other ones I can do pretty consistently. Its a Brawl tech that a lot of Kirbies discovered theorizing that it happens if the stage has like some sort of lip on it... im not exactly sure if its true or not. It might work on all stages, im just not sure.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Double Post lmao. :kirby2:

Last edited:

roman5hero

Smash Apprentice
how do you do that trick? i would like to do my own studies into where it works and doesnt. ( the up-b edge trick)

Random23

Smash Cadet
Ive never pulled it off against actual players, but have pulled it off against level 9s. Im sure you cannot actually get like 30%+ to death with that tho, but a few times are viable imo. It was mainly their to show the tech skill... not sure if any of those combos actually work or not. But Kirby's rock is really good imo, no one really uses it for punishes, it can easily be comboed into certain things like hammer at mid-high %s. Pretend the ones on Fox and DK only was the last footstool rock, that is an actual combo im sure since I get that on people and computers all the time.

It works on distant planet, the hazard stage part of Halberd, and battlefield... but the battlefield one is way hard to pull off while the other ones I can do pretty consistently. Its a Brawl tech that a lot of Kirbies discovered theorizing that it happens if the stage has like some sort of lip on it... im not exactly sure if its true or not. It might work on all stages, im just not sure.
Awesome, thanks for the response, will try implementing the down-b to hammer as a punish, it's only viable vs fast fallers/big characters?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
how do you do that trick? i would like to do my own studies into where it works and doesnt. ( the up-b edge trick)
There is like a sweetspot where it cancels the up-b on the edge of the stage or something, i dont really know why it works... it just does. To do it you need to start your up-b at a pretty precise location right next to the ledge. Its hard to do at first, but after a while it gets pretty easy.
Awesome, thanks for the response, will try implementing the down-b to hammer as a punish, it's only viable vs fast fallers/big characters?
Fast fallers and big characters can get hit by a grounded hammer while everyone else get hit by a Double-Jump Aerial hammers that can easily kill at certain %s. I dont remember the exact %s, but i remember I did a Rock > Double Jump > Sweetspot Aerial Hammer on Puff around 50-60% and it killed in the middle of FD.

Last edited:

Magma Dolphin

Smash Apprentice
It's an old thread, but you can find some information about the "Up-B Trick" mentioned above here: http://smashboards.com/threads/tele-stepping-at-least-if-thats-what-you-call-it.249828/#post-8457754
It links to a thread concerning things like, "Scarring", "Light-Stepping", and "Tele-Stepping", with Tele-stepping being the thing Kirby does when he instantly cancels the Up-B. Of note, most characters can cancel Up-Bs in that way, just not all of them get benefits from doing so.
Hope this helps,
Magma

Tomoya Okazaki

Smash Rookie
NNID
Damanye
3DS FC
1736-1475-6209
This has been really informative on ways I can change up my movement, and that footstool Bair is interesting, sure it wont work as good on real players but it would totally bring the hype! :kirby:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im surprised this is still getting comments lol, that video was made by me way to quick imo. My movement and stuff is better and more consistant than that. On top of that, all the other movement tricks i discovered like moonwalking, SH Cutter Dash > jump waveland onto platform, or like running sheild drop nairs and such.

Top Bottom