• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[OLD] xLeafybug's Psuedo-Rain Dance Team [UU RMT]

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
kso, this was an old team that I found on my computer that I had never used. Just testing it out today, I got like 10 straight wins with it, until I ran into Venusaur, where I noticed changes had to be made.

Electrode @ Damp Rock
Hasty / Soundproof
252 Atk / 44 Sp. Atk / 212 Spe
Explosion
Rain Dance
Taunt
Thunder

When I decided to make a team where rain was used, I immediately thought Electrode, the fastest thing in the game not named Ninjask or Deoxys-S. In OU, nothing outspeeds this without a scarf, so I'm almost always guaranteed Rain. Thunder for STAB, Taunt for SR leads, Explosion for an easy way to get Kabutops out.

Unfortunately, I don't remember why I chose the EV spread.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant / Swift Swim
184 HP / 252 Atk / 74 Spe
Stealth Rock
Superpower
Stone Edge
Waterfall

Kabutops: The second half of the rain dance portion of my team.
In rain, Kabutops is perhaps the deadliest sweeper in OU. A STAB, Rain Boosted Waterfall being used by Kabutops and it's great 115 attack = Not many things living long.
Superpower / Stone Edge / Waterfall create a deadly attack combination, only being resisted by Toxicroak with Dry Skin. Stealth Rock for the last turn of rain, or when they bring a sweeper that I know can kill it.

Rotom @ Leftovers
Timid / Levitate
4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Thunderbolt
Charge Beam
Shadow Ball
Substitute

This was originally Lanturn, but I replaced him when I realized that 2/3 of my team was EQ weak, and that I lacked a spin blocker. That, and the fact that Lanturn is useless as **** when doing anything not involving taking special attacks.

This set is pretty straightforward, and I won't lie, I completely ripped this from Smogon, but it does the job well.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Adamant / Insomnia
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Brave Bird
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Roost

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Timid / Synchronize
40 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 216 Spe
Trick
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Psychic

This was originally Raikou. I went out of my trouble to find the EVs to outspeed Timid Raikou, and other +nature base 115 Speed Pokemon, but then checked Alakazam's Smogon page to see that they already had the same EV spread as I did...

Gallade @ Choice Scarf
Adamant / Steadfast
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Close Combat
Night Slash
Leaf Blade
Ice Punch

Gallade is my late game sweeper, with good reason. Once most of their team is revealed, not much can stop this thing. I put Ice Punch on him to deal with those pesky grass types who are a menace to most of the rest of my team. I'm really getting unoriginal with these EVs now, aren't I?

Sorry this was done so poorly, but I'm really tired, and too lazy to do a better job.

All constructive critism is appreciated.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Thunder Wave on Honchkrow is weird.

I can't think of anything else.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Why use Espeon when you can use Alakazam? Both have horrible type coverage, while Alakazam is faster, stronger, and has Focus Blast, Energy Ball, and Charge Beam. Unless you want to Pass some Calm Minds that is fine.

For Honchkrow, replace Drill Peck with Brave Bird. Thunder Wave isn't very useful if you're running Sucker Punch. Perhaps you can replace Thunder Wave with Night Slash for slower foes, or Pursuit to checkmate Psychic Pokemon, or Heat Wave to hit Tangrowth or Steelix harder.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
This is an old team, and was horribly crafted. I made this as one of my first UU teams. I'm just trying to resurrect it.

I chose Drill Peck over Brave Bird because the recoil is a nightmare. Drill Peck with Expert Belt 0HKOs 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def Bold Venusaur around 80% of the time, and always 0HKOs after SR damage. I'll change the nature and replace Thunder Wave with Heat Wave.

Alakazam would probably do the job better than Espeon.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Well with Drill Peck, you miss out on the 2HKO on Donphan, Spiritomb, defensive Drapion, Milotic, Blastoise won't be 3HKOd, a OHKO on Hariyama, a possible OHKO on Nidoking with Stealth Rock, a big chance to OHKO Gardevoir, Torterra, defensive Leafeon with Stealth Rock, and a sure 2HKO on Azumarill without SR. Although rare, there are some Pokemon you can't touch at all, like Torkoal and Shuckle.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wait you played 10 straight matches and never saw Venusaur?

...what has this world come to...

Edit: For real, though. I forget how well Slowbro likes Gallade's Ice Punch as opposed to Leaf Blade, but that's what I run. Shadow Sneak is also a great option too.
Why does Honchkrow have Thunder Wave?

-Terywj

supermarth64

Smash Ace
No point in going mixed like that on Honchkrow, as Brave Bird + Superpower KOs basically everything except Regirock, Rhyperior, Steelix, and some other really defensive crap. Just go Adamant (or Jolly), with a simple 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe spread. Replace Heat Wave with Roost to prolong Honchkrow's death. Can't remember what item to use though, maybe Life Orb.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Substitute gives Honchkrow some extra time to tear holes in your opponent's team.

D

Deleted member

try SD flail kabutops. only empoleon resists water/normal and he's OU.

Terrador14

Smash Apprentice
I don't know the UU metagame, but I do know that you should take 4 EV's off Special Attack and put them into Speed on Electrode. You keep both jump points that way. Sorry that I can't help any more than that.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Shedinja is not OU, Annoying.

Also, I've run some calcs and Leaf Blade does a significant amount of extra damage when compared to Thunderpunch. I've even thrown in Close Combat in some cases to show how Leaf Blade is often better because it lacks the defense drop Close Combat issues.

Gallade (252 Atk) using ThunderPunch on Milotic (148 HP / 252 Def): 36.4% - 42.9%
Gallade (252 Atk) using Leaf Blade on Milotic (148 HP / 252 Def): 43.5% - 51.6%
Gallade (252 Atk) using Close Combat on Milotic (148 HP / 252 Def): 43.5% - 51.4%
Gallade (252 Atk) using ThunderPunch on Slowbro (252 HP / 252 Def): 27.4% - 32.5%
Gallade (252 Atk) using Leaf Blade on Slowbro (252 HP / 252 Def): 33% - 39.1%
Gallade (252 Atk) using ThunderPunch on Blastoise (252 HP / 252 Def): 32% - 38.1%
Gallade (252 Atk) using Leaf Blade on Blastoise (252 HP / 252 Def): 38.1% - 45.3%
Gallade (252 Atk) using Close Combat on Blastoise (252 HP / 252 Def): 38.1% - 45%

Sure, you miss out on hitting Flying-types with it, but Ice Punch covers that for you.

Unless I did the calcs wrong, I'm sticking with Leaf Blade on my own Muscle Band Gallade.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah. Just wanted to let you get the best out of your Gallade. :D

It's great for hitting a Dugtrio who thinks it can come in on Milotic. xD

-Terywj

Top Bottom