• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"old UU" team

c3gill

Smash Ace
This is my OLD UU team. by old UU, i mean before BL dropped to UU. I tried playing this when the "new UU" tier came out, but it just didnt play the same. Anyway, here is the team!

Persian @ Choice Band
Limber: Modest
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
  • Switcheroo
  • Night Slash
  • Return
  • U-Turn

Generally awesome Pokemon. This is one of the 2 sets I use, but I often switch it for an SP attacking LO set, without switcheroo- and yes, this is my lead. It whacks leads that arent prepared to deal with it, but often the LO set makes for a better lead.

Gorebyss @ Leftovers
Swift Swim: Calm
252 HP/ 232 Spe / 23 Sp Atk
  • Substitute
  • Agility
  • Baton Pass
  • Surf

Basic Baton Passer set. Sub first, Agility up, Surf if I feel like doing a little damage, and BP to one of my attackers. The EV's are based on speed and surviving, to survive long enough to give someone some extra speed.

Primape @ Life Orb
Vital Spirit: Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
  • Earthquake
  • Close Combat
  • Stone Edge
  • Ice Punch

Whacks stuff- HARD. This is my answer to non-weather teams :)

Froslass @ Life Orb
Snow Cloak: Modest
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
  • Confuse Ray
  • Thunderbolt
  • Ice Beam
  • Shadow Ball

Bolt-Beam Combo rocks. This is who I BP to if i think the other person is running a hail team.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Volt Absorb: Calm
40 HP / 136 Sp Atk / 252 Sp Def / 80 Spe
  • Confuse Ray
  • Thunderbolt
  • Thunder Wave
  • Surf

Possibly my favorite pokemon on this team. If you are running a rain team, this thing laughs in your face. Para-fusion is awesome, and this beast can live forever when used in conjunction with.....

Mantine @ Leftovers
Water Absorb: Calm
216 Sp Def / 252 HP / 40 Def
  • Confuse Ray
  • Toxic
  • HP Flying
  • Rest

The tanking set, not my "have fun **** around" set. Confuse, Toxic, and laugh at you. rest as needed. I generally send him in before Lanturn, so when someone decides to Thunder his *** Lantun switches in and takes over. Water Absorb because 25% of this dudes health is massive to his survivability.

This team is obviously outdated, because of the BL drop, but it worked great for me before then. what are yalls opinions? positives, negatives, w/e, chuck them at me.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I'm not sure what BL is, so for now I'll ignore that for now and I'll fix my list when I know what it is.
Looks good... I don't have much negative to say, but here's what some of my opinions are:

Persian: I don't really like switcheroo, although I see what you're trying to do with it. Then again, Persian's only other decent choice is seed bomb, so that's your choice.

Gorebyss: It's not really that durable... but the set looks good.

Primeape: I always liked primeape. Looks good.

Froslass: Looks good.

Lanturn: Looks good.

Mantine: Pretty good, consider putting some more EVs into defense, mantine's special D is already amazing.

Overall, well thought out and well made team. 95/100 (for old UU)

c3gill

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what BL is, so for now I'll ignore that for now and I'll fix my list when I know what it is.
BL is the Borderline Tier. Check out the link to see tier lists. BL used to be its own seperate tier, now it is dumped into UU (hence UU being MASSIVE) and we are currently testing which pokemon are too powerful for UU play. Those are the pokemon in "Limbo"- they are to be voted on soon.

As I said this team was made and played prior to that dump, so certain pokemon that are now UU would **** this team.... but they were not UU when I was using it.

As I said, BL is for pokemon that are too strong for UU play, but dont quite reach up to typical OU standards- however, they can usually do a decent job in OU if you play well and build your team with good thought concepts and ideas.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Gorebyss seems rather out of place on your team. BPing Agility is only really useful if you have something that receives it well and honestly there's nothing really worth BPing to on your team. Froslass and Primeape were your only real attackers and neither were strong enough to really sweep. You would have been better off dropping Primeape for Absol or Kingler, something that could really use the speed.

Top Bottom