• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Old* Glitch (with picture, stage, and awesome name)

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Disclaimer
While it's unlikely to have been found before, if it was know that I DID check SmashWiki, the first page of this board, and the "Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list" thread (though that hasn't been updated in a while...)

Story
Being a burgeoning Sonic main, and wanting to make a few more stages, I decided to create one that took all of Sonic's advantages and put them to use in a single stage, making him unbeatable (or at least really annoying) there. The result was this (right-click, Save Link As…, transfer to Wii, and it should work. I found a glitch while testing it out, and I'd like to share it with you. Besides this glitch, feel free to figure out my Sonic-friendly devices, try its power out against your friends, and lol at my god-like punning abilities.

Glitch
After downloading the aboves stage, Go to near the top of one of the ramps, sin dash up, and, after crossing the chasm, Sonic should continue to go forward, spindashing over nothingness (be sure not to self-destruct). I've tried it with other, similar attacks, and it seems only Sonic can do it, and only with his >B. I've not tried it on any real stages, and I have no idea how/why it happens, but I call dibs on it.

As is my electric-internet-given right, I am naming this nearly useless and unaccessible technique "Dust Rolling," or "DRing," as that's exactly what is: Sonic levitating by rolling over solid dust which I'm assuming comes out his ***. Also it sounds cool.

Questions/comments/discoveries/explanations/praise/snide remarks/link doesn't work/old requested

*vids not coming soon, if ever, and they won't be mine*

Umby

Smash Master
Naming things after yourself is pretty asinine. No offense to you, really, but it just is. If you could somehow provide those without an SD card with a video (namely me) that'd be more appreciated so I can figure out what you're talking about.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Or even just a screenshot so we can make the map ourselves... Not everyone trusts files that people post on forums...

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I thank you for looking first before posting, but this was brought up before in the first page of the explanatory thread, but no one understood the guy I guess. Anyway, this seems like an oddity that you can show to friend's for a bit of a "wtf?" moment, but doesn't seem that useful, as the only legal stage you can pull it off on is Pirate Ship, and you're too high to make use of it really.

Anyway, yeah, to do it, just overB near the end of a sloped ramp that negates the initial hop of teh move, and you'll just go up the ramp and off of it without gravity affecting you at all.

It's also really confusing why people ask for video proof when it's far easier to just take 20 seconds in training mode and test out whatever they're describing.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I thank you for looking first before posting, but this was brought up before in the first page of the explanatory thread, but no one understood the guy I guess.
Ah. Oh well. I was hoping to have "contributed" something.
But hey, he didn't name it, did he? Or take a picture:

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
I found this in the first week of the japanese release. No one cares as much as others think about people who come out and say they found things and they sure as heck lose all respect for said person if they try and force feed a name for a glitch. especially one that is pointless.

You can try this very quickly by making a custom stage and puting the piece that looks like a mechanical piller with an odd top

*_____
/''''''''''''']
*[;;;;;;;;]
*[""""]
*['''''''']
*['''''''']

kinda looks like that. Just spin dash charge up so your at the very end of of the slanted side and release. So any custom stage that uses this piece sonic can do this move on :D

as well as Pictochat edges (though you have to keep going to the other side to see the effects) and any place that has slightly sloped ground. possibly on cornaria.

Top Bottom