• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okinawa players?

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Are there any smash players in Okinawa? I hate this emptyness here, I hope Brawl's wi-fi can change that if its gonna be wi-fi

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Well, Kadena is only like a 10 min drive away... I can still get into Kadena even if its a AFB you know. Whos your friend, is he/she good?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
sorry that you will see a 'new post' and get your hopes up from this, but i don't live in okinawa. anyways, i'm guessing there's not a lot of japanese smashers on smashboards since there isn't an Asia on regional zones. why is this? we know a LOT of japanese smashers why aren't any on here lol

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I'm from Okinawa but I thought me and my friend were the only good/semi-good ones here. I'm on Kadena. I'm moving in about a month though. But still. I never thought there was anyone else in Okinawa.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
I'm from Okinawa but I thought me and my friend were the only good/semi-good ones here. I'm on Kadena. I'm moving in about a month though. But still. I never thought there was anyone else in Okinawa.
Yeah, its too bad youre moving :urg: and just when I finally found someone. Yeah same here I never thought there was anyone else here. What about youre friend that you mentioned? Is he/she gonna move soon, is he/she on Kadena? My best friend who moved a month ago was better than me and was into competitve smash too, its too bad he left too, now theres absolutely no one to play against unless I can find you before you leave or something.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
My friend lives on Kadena and isn't moving. (It's a he by the way)
Maybe we can get together some weekend and at least play once before I leave. How old are you? Maybe I can find someplace to meet. Unless you have an idea. I can bring my friend along also.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double post but...
Exoah, if you don't say anything, I'm moving and you won't know about my friend. I'm leaving in about 2 weeks and my last weekend is coming. If you want to play against me, then just tell me and I'll hook us up.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Ah, Im sorry I havent posted Ive been caught up in things lately I havent even had time for smash the last 2 weeks. Yeah Im 15, you? I dont know how I would match up against you, you seem pretty good, I can tell for some reason but maybe this weekend since we have monday off. Give me time to get ready for you, I havent played for awhile, so yeah Ill play some this week, the thing is I dont have a gamecube (LOL!) but I have the game so I just go to Kishaba Teen Center to use their gamecube, naturally, people there wanna play so I dont really have time to myself but Ill see what I can do by practicing on the people their. Yeah Ill post a more certain answer to when and where we should play eachother. I wish I had met you earlier.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Same here. I've been kind of caught up with the moving and all. But I'm also 15 years old and I have a GameCube. There are 3 choices so far for where to go. 1) Kadena Teen Center, 2) Kadena Community Center, or 3) Foster Teen Center. It can't be at my house because we're so busy packing up. What do you think so far?

Exoah

Smash Cadet
I think it will be a lot easier for you to come to the Foster Teen Center cause I live off base and thats the closest place where I can go. But if it wont work out since you could be busy with moving and all, then I can go over if it would make things easier. Who do you main? Fox? Ive been trying out different characters when I last played so Im gonna have to stick with one lol. How good are you, can you SHFFL and all that?

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I just talked it over with my parents. Is this okay?
Saturday afternoon at around 2:00 at the Kadena Teen Center. I would go to Foster but we sold our car already. If you need directions to the Teen Center, I can give them to you. I found out that if it's your first visit to the Tenn Center, you can get a day pass for free. If not, it's 3$. Once you get there, just ask the front desk for Kenny. I'll be there.

Yeah I do main Fox. I also main Ness.With Fox, I can SHFFL, SHL, waveshine, that kind of stuff. With Ness, I can DJC, SHFFL, wavedash, and everything else. If you want a general idea of my play style, go to YouTube and type "SSBM Kenny v. Snax". That's me and my friend. Note that it was a while ago and I'm better than that but it's still something. What do you main? Marth?

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Ill have to talk to my parents about Kadena but Im sure they will let me go. Yeah I dont know how to get there so please give me the directions. Im Kevin btw. Nah I dont main Marth Ive just been using him for fun, I main Samus and since she cant really SHFFL I never really completely mastered the L-cancel part lol, other than that I can do pretty much everything I think, Im still having trouble with MCing and SWDing but I can do without them. I play Falcon for fun too and I bet youre wondering how I play him without SHFFLing correctly, well its pretty easy cause the people at the Teen Center suck. So since Kishaba teen center is open till 10pm on friday Ill take that time to practice since I havent this week cause Ive been sick for the past 3 days. Is your friend on smashboards too?

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
My friend doesn't have an account on Smashboards, sry. Samus eh? That'll be new. Yeah it's the same at Kadena. The people at the Teen Center suck. Me and my friend are considered the best there. I once held a tournament there and I won so... directions.

If you go into Kadena through Gate 2, keep going down that road till you see the first stoplight on that street. If you look to your right, look for a building called Nagayoshi Youth Complex (or Programs, something with Youth though) before passing that stoplight. The Teen Center's in there. As I said, ask for Kenny at the front desk. I told my friend about you so he should be coming too.

BTW, my friend mains Marth and Falcon.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Ah, Im considered best at my Teen Center too, but that wouldnt be so hard for any decent smasher... Hmm Im used to Fox, Marth, and Falcon but not the way competitve Smashers play them, so I guess that would be fun/challenging/maybe hard. My friend hosted a tourney too but he won, he was better than me then, he mained Luigi and Sheik. Im sure he would have loved to go there too but hes in Virginia now... Yeah my parents said its okay for me to go, so I dont have to sign anything to get in the Teen Center? I played Ganon for awhile, just wanted to throw that out there. Oh, I saw those videos of you, they were good, I like the one where you 4 stocked that Marth. Thanks for the directions BTW.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
lol. The four-stock was a fluke. This will be challenging and fun because I've never played against a decent Samus before. No, you don't have to sign anything if your just going for a day. But if you want to bring food/ money for food, your welcome to.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Lol, well it was a pretty good fluke then. OK, Ive had to some to get back on my feet today so Im sure Ill be able to play good tomorow, that is if the typhoon doesnt hit, hopefully it doesn't.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Hey.If you see this before 6:00, please come back to the Teen Center. The front desk told me you came about an hour earlier but because of a name mix-up, you left. I'm sry abou this. But if you can, come back beofre 6:00. If not, we can try again on Monday since there's no school.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Yeah man, they told me you werent there lol. Yeah monday would be fine, but is it open on holidays? I cant come today anymore since my mom has some meeting and my dads at work so I have no way of getting there anymore, so you were there from the start? Its too bad, I was really looking forward to it, I might pick up Falco today since Im at the teen center, but Ill still main Samus against you if you want. So just name a time and place for monday. Geez the Nagayoshi Youth Complex is soo big lol

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was there since 1:45. Omg. I'm sry about this. No, it's not open on Monday. What about any day during the week? If not, then next Saturday. Sunday's the day I'm leaving. Hopefully, this time you could come. I should have been more clear on the name. Kenny's my nickname and I thought that the most staff would know me by that. Guess not. :( Next time, ask for Kenneth, which is my real name. Sry, again.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
No need to apologize. I really doubt my parents would let me go during a weekday so next Saturday should be good. Maybe that would give me more time to master Falco lol :laugh:. Next time maybe you should tell them that I would be asking for you.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I told the person at the front desk about it, but their shift ended at 2:30. The next person didn't know. Yeah, maybe I could fight a decent Falco, too. Also just to tell you, before I get to my main characters, I use my "warm-up" characters which are like, Falco, Falcon, Sheik, Link, and whatever I feel like. Not Samus, though. I don't know what to do except nair and dsmash.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Ah, so I guess that means I get to warm up too. I always thought that smash isnt something you wake up and own in, its something you have to warm up to. Thats good, I was getting worried that since I dont have a gamecube, I was going to go there without being warmed up, lol. My warm up characters are usually Falcon, Ganon, Sheik, Marth. Im looking forward to playing your Ness the most. Ive never really seen a competitve Ness

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Most people are put off by my Ness because they never faced a good one before. One that actually knows what they're doing instead of up+B spamming. And the fact that I know how to recover (to an extent) with Ness.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Ah cool, I should look up some videos of a good Ness so I know whats coming, or I could keep it a suprise lol. The second option should be fun. I used to play a competitve Link too so I might get into it again.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Lol dont rely on that too much, Im also going to main a Link along with Samus, I might aswell look up how to counter Fox

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
How was that match the other day. Me and my friend are pretty good but we didn't know how good against other people so it was a good experience. It's a shame you lost, but it just shows what you need to work. BTW, I'm in Korea now. This place is tiny.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Lol, yeah I kinda saw my loss coming. Yup that means I still have room to improve so its all good, thats what I came there for anyway, to see how good I was compared to other good people. I guess your friend (I forgot his name, sorry) is the best in Oki now lol? But thats good, hes earned it, though I atleast brought him down to 1 stock, even if it was a warm-up or not. I could hardly do any damage on you and you said that you werent wavedashing so good that day so I was probably really screwed if you were at your peak. I guess that means your the best there too lol. Try and find someone there, you never know. Yeah it was fun either way, hopefully you can go to Japan like you said and play better people so you can get even better.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. My waveshining was kind of off that day for some reason. I couldn't get the dash in for some reason. Lately I've been working on how to punish predictability and it's going well against people who like to roll a lot. But now I'm gone, my friend is the best now. I still haven't found anyone here yet. :(

Top Bottom