• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, so what about the reverse?

Milln

Smash Champion
Here's an ego booster. My friend is maining Zelda and nearly all he does is the following:

Din's Fire
Dash Attack
D-smash
U-smash
F-smash

I'm using Pit and Lucario and I cannot touch the guy. Not to say i'm getting full-stocked, it's just incredibly difficult to hit him. Difficult to get in close because of Din's Fire, and when I do it's difficult to actually hit him because of his rolls and Zelda's crazy-fast, high-priority attacks. And as soon as I'm hit, i'm Fire Juggled.

So, wtf?

What am I supposed to do? XD With Pit, I can't arrow as much cause of Nayru's Love, and it's difficult to build percent cause I can't get a clean shot off to combo with. With Lucario, I'm scared to Aura Ball cause of Nayru, again, and dair is out-prioritized by usmash, and fsmash if I try to short hop it.

How do I KO you people? =\

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
hmm you must be new (no offense everyone is new at some point :) )

pit and lucario should be good against zelda (im leaning more towards pit than lucario, as the current metagame says pit is one of the best characters). Seems your having trouble with usmash and fsmash, read the information thread, both of these attacks are escapable by DI (directional influence, tilt ur control stick a certain direction when getting hit), Fsmash moreso than the Usmash (i'll give some hope to the zelda players, i heard that if you did correct spacing on the melee fsmash, it could not be DI'd out of, if this is true , its the same thing for melee, and it should be easier because the sweetspot is bigger).

Dins fire can be dodged faster than it is casted, your arrows are a more useful projectile. Dins fire definate has its purposes such as edgegaurding and such but its not something to be spammed against good players, you can ground and air dodge it almost all the time if practiced well.

Dsmash and dash attack, can't help you there, those are some of zelda's legitimately good moves (btw i don't think your friend is a good zelda if he doesnt use fair, everycharacter has something "cheap" about them, ike's power, sonic's run speed, and zelda's kicks. Dsmash is so good because its sends the opponent in a horizontal angle AND is the fastest smash attack in the game).

Milln

Smash Champion
hmm you must be new (no offense everyone is new at some point :)
Your post could've done without this comment. I'm not new to Melee, and everyone is new to Brawl. =\

I realize I can DI out of his attacks and that I still have my projectiles and that Din's Fire is easily dodged. I'm saying that I'd rather not get hit by these attacks in the first place With Din's Fire he'll stop casting when i'm close and use his other attacks to get me back out of range, coupled with rolls and dodges and shield grabs.

Nevermind, I'll just see about changing my tactics.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Your post could've done without this comment. I'm not new to Melee, and everyone is new to Brawl. =\

I realize I can DI out of his attacks and that I still have my projectiles and that Din's Fire is easily dodged. I'm saying that I'd rather not get hit by these attacks in the first place With Din's Fire he'll stop casting when i'm close and use his other attacks to get me back out of range, coupled with rolls and dodges and shield grabs.

Nevermind, I'll just see about changing my tactics.

oh sorry i guess, didnt know since u said ur going up against a zelda that uses usmash and fsmash a lot, and pit is usually a hard match for zelda, so i assumed.

note that zelda CANT reflect arrows faster than you can cast them ( haven't checked dodging though, definately harder than dins fire on a sidenote), so its not as dangerous as, say, going up against a space animal. Your problem seems to be weak approaches and yes i would change my tactics when fighting zelda if I were you. It might be a matter of skill, because I'm guessing your friend must be a good smasher to shutdown a decent pit like that.

I can't tell you any approaches since I'm not a pit player, but I guess i'll try to tell you some weaknesses. Zelda dsmash has shorter ranger than several of your moves, so with proper spacing you can hit her. try throwing her up, zeldas biggest weakness is that she is almost completely void of appoaches from above save Farore's Wind and the hard to sweetspot dair(dont tell anyone else though, dont want them to catch on). Don't get above zelda her uair is ****.

rason110290

Smash Apprentice
Id say Pit is one of zeldas worst matchups. Pits Down B blocks Dins fire completely. Not to mention Pits Side B Cancels out the exploding dins fire. Time those things and dins fire wont be a problem

blink777

Smash Journeyman
If playing as Lucario (probably same for Pit, but I haven't played many Pits), define when you are taking the fight to the air, as opposed to reacting to when Zelda goes airborne. I've found she's not quite as good in the air when she's having to counter Lucario's high-priority aerials. Just make sure it's you who's initiating an air strike: a good Zelda jumping at you probably means you're about to get pwned.

I've also been tripped up by his VB counter-move when used sparingly... but that's just a general Lucario thing.

Sorry I couldn't be much help... My friend has since dropped Lucario as a main, and in the time when he did use him, my Zelda really pwned him badly. Try putting items on :p. That always screwed me up.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Just be glad that your friend isn't wise enough to be chaining Dtilts into nigh un-escapable Dsmashes. Or short hopping Din's Fire for an approach/retreat strategy. It makes Zelda extremely annoying to get close to (yay).

That being said, best strategy is to knock her upwards, she's got a total of... like 1 or 2 moves that even hit below her, and one takes ridiculous aim and timing. Don't whine though if she does nail the Dair (it hurts like mess).

Like someone else said, *above* Zelda is quite possible the worst place to be. Her best kill moves are Utilt, Usmash, and Uair. Then again, her other best kill moves can include Dsmash, Fsmash (if not escaped), and sometimes Ftilt. So, the best advice I can give is to pressure her with arrows that she can't always reflect, and knock her upwards for a juggle fest.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wow, your friend uses those attacks? You should see my Red Zelda and her Up+B Spam, which is really useful. lol

Well I can tell you slow characters wont do it. Im guessing a character with some range or some resistance. Wario is an acception to slowness I suppose.

Try Diddy Kong. Diddy's Down+B (bananas) was a pain in the neck for my Golden Pit. So those bananas should pose a threat to Zelda if she's not careful. Im pretty sure Lucas is a threat too, since you can use the recovery move against Din's fire.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure Lucas is a threat too, since you can use the recovery move against Din's fire.
A good point. My friend's Lucas has been much more difficult than his Lucario. The fall-delay on his DownB allows him to use it while recovering with little drawback, effectively nullifying your ability to abuse Din's Fire and control his return. He also has some great upward moves to counter Zelda's lack of aerial downward ones (his UpSmash outprioritizes the reappearance hit from Farore's Wind... that hurts: I've fallen for it too many times). That being said, the general Lucas strategy of keeping opponents at a distance is slightly negated by Nayru's Love being able to turn PK Fire with relative consistency.

Top Bottom