• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, so I started playing Peach seriously

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Depending on whether my Ice Climbers are in Brawl, she may become a main of mine.

Here's what I've noticed:

1. Instantaneous float-cancelling is easy in practice but hard for me to pull off in an actual match when I'm trying to combo. I find it easier to use Z during FC but sadly when I'm trying to IFC, I wind up grabbing. When I do nail it though, it always has beneficial results.

2. Is it just me or is her jab game REALLY good? I've managed to pull off really good combos starting from jabs. JAb > FC Dair > Nair > Dash > Dtilt > FC Nair

3.FC out of sheild is impossible for me but I'm sure if I can pull it off, it'll have beneficial results.

4. Am I wrong for saying that Peach's Dsmash is vastly overrated? People only seem to hate it because people like to use CC as their "get out of an ***-whooping free" card. Sure, it's 0-60 if you CC but aside from finishing combos and wreck CCers, I don't use it as it barely ever KOs. It is, however her most reliable smash and definitely the bet move in her, IMO average, Ground game. I use her tilts and jab every now and then to continue a combo but overall, her ground game is "ehhh.. okay". Her Fsmash is completely unreliable and her usmash, while AWESOME, is hard to connect. I'm not Dark PEach, sadly.

5. Her wavedash is complete and utter garbage. Coming from playing ICs, it's a huge wake-up call. Sometimes I use it to get that tiny extra bit of distance needed to continue combos but yeah, it's a piece of ****. Luigi she is not.

6. I don't use turnips often. Am I playing wrong? Sometimes, I'll use it to approach(SH turnip throw > FC aerial) but what else is there?

Things I question
1. How should I use her turnips?
2. FC Dair > JAb > FC Dair > repeat. Could this be some kind of infinite?
3. Would a beam saber pull make her forward smash and tilt worth a ****?

Music for combo video :p
"Increase Blue" Dir en Grey
"Peach Pie on the Beach" Polysics

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
1. How should I use her turnips?

Edgeguarding, for one. The best way to throw turnips is to slight the control stick in the opposite direction and c-stick throw - this makes her turnip throwing faster.

2. FC Dair > JAb > FC Dair > repeat. Could this be some kind of infinite?

It's not. The opponent can DI backwards for an easy escape.

3. Would a beam saber pull make her forward smash and tilt worth a ****?

No **** lol. But obviously you shouldn't depend on the luck of the draw.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
nope, the slap has too much knock-back combined with DI. If you try to do it more than 1 time, you could end up in a bad situation

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

5. Her wavedash is complete and utter garbage.
Actually your quite wrong about that, obviously she doesnt have ice climbers or luigi wavedash but her wavedash is mostly used for spacing herself away from the opponent in cases like a persons comes to hit you like a sheiks fair you can wavedash backwards andits enough length for the person not to hit you but also not too far so you can maybe perform combo off of them while the are lagging.
You can space yourself with turnips iswell with her wavedash and its very useful in you sheild play game.
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...nce&search_category=0&search=Search&v=&page=1
This peach uses it very good if you watch how he spaces himself also he is the best in europe.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
1. Float Canceling is even harder to make it effective. That's why you should really practice when playing against your friends or moving computers.

2. It's good because it's fast and can stun.

4. It's not over rated. Yes, her D smash, with CC, can give up a good *** whooping, but that's not the case. The fact that it's quick and can send your opponent the opposite direction they're standing makes it really good. Also, it has got really good priority when on platforms.

Her Fsmash is anything but garbage. While the right type of Fsmash you want doesn't always come out, it does it's job regardless : doing damage. Her best edge guard is the tennis, while her strongest one is the frying pan. Again, it's random, but its great none the less.

her Upsmash does the most damage right at shoulder area. So you need to face the opposite direction of the opponent while really close to him to really hit that spot. More info on Ryoka's thread.

5. Listen, I know how you feel about her WD. It's not garbage, but it's one of the second shortest in the game. While it's not effective like Luigi's, it does its job by giving space and mindgame. Excrat (sp?) said he the spacing has enough room to deliver a Dsmash if someone misses.

6. Your turnips are your own mind game. You shouldn't spam on it unless neccessary. I use it when I wanna stop my opponents approch or if I wanna open up my hits. It's your turnips, use it on how it affects you.

-----------------------

1. Already answered for you :p

3. The beam sword replaces her Fsmash greatly, as well as give her new range. Basically, it's the combination of her Fsmash. It's powerful, nice range, and makes a great edge guard. So yeah, it makes her Fsmash look a bit like ****.

But, let's not forget, pulling out that baby is like once a week. It's really hard. So in any case, yes, the Beam sword is good.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Thanks for the feedback people.

IMO, Peach is a pretty technical character. Maybe not as technical as the Ice Climbers or Fox but there's alot more to her game than Dsmash and Turnips.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Only if you want to actually take Peach farther than "eats noobs along with the rest of high tier." Dsmash, turnips, dash attack, nair, and fthrow make her one of those characters who can wreck a person who doesn't DI more quickly than, say, Roy.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
3.FC out of sheild is impossible for me but I'm sure if I can pull it off, it'll have beneficial results.

4. (dsmash is overated)
3. you're very right, instafloat aerials out of shield are my main method of punishment right now... peach doesn't have a super grab range so you need to learn this

4. I also agree, learning to not use dsmash all the time is very important to learn

peachori

Smash Journeyman
i've found that those who dont really play peach often dont appreciate how good her jab game is. its quick and useful, not to mention has saved me from many a shieldgrab after FC aerials. peach pillar is a good example of FC->jab technique

FC out of shield is awesome but it takes some time to get used to. i used to djc nair out of shield before i could do FC out of shield, it was useful but i like FC way better.

i fell in love with her dair at first, but as time went on i used it less. still important though.

dsmash is overrated in singles imo, but is much more useful in teams. its awesome, but its just overrated because apparently some people think we just have to push down on the C-stick and they automatically lose 4 stock. while it is a very useful attack and one of the very important tools for any peach, its not like you can just spam it and beat anyone worth their weight at this game.

well, the easiest way to make turnips useful is to camp and spam them like theyre going out of style. you can just watch vidjo vids, he's good at that. i've seen that the turnip volume per match is greatly dependent on playstyle.

lastly, dont worry about wavedashing with peach. like seriously. when you need to use it you'll probably instinctively do it, but if you're going to practice on incorporating something into your game its FC. unlike IC, you can get away without wd with peach. you cannot get away without FC. i dont mean to say wd has no use, i just mean to say that there are lots of more important things to learn and get in the habit of doing before it.

also, dash attack is good. at least, thats what everyone says (including m2k, i read somewhere) although i still havent figured out why.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Her Fsmash is completely unreliable and her usmash, while AWESOME, is hard to connect. I'm not Dark PEach, sadly.
Lol, I found this funny. I went to a toury yesterday and was doing it. I onwed a Faclon with it, since they love to double jump and all. also if you dont hit them from the side, it can lead to combos, cause the side has a hit box but wont really launch them So when I fought this falcon I Chain grabbed him then Upsmash, but I did not hit him with the center of the attack, I hit him with the hit box on the side, so he did not fly that far away from me and I ened it with a F-air. I once got 2 upsmashes in a row with high damage., the first one hit the side, then I was able to get another one in. Though I some times get to hype and do it too much and pay for it...........lol.

Her upsmash are good to finish off combos, same with her Fsmash. You just need to know when and when not you could connect with them. But I play ******** so..yea, lol.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Maybe I was misunderstood here when I said her WD is bad. I said in my first post that I sometimes use it but as an IC main that has just picked Peach up, it is pretty bad in my eyes. She should totally have Luigi's wavedash. LAWL *envisions Peach sliding across FD downsmashing everything in sight* O_O Hot.

I'm working on my Peach though. She's starting to intrude on my IC time.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
At close range Its good to WD out of the shield. since its short, it ends fast and can get a quick hit/gran in before your enemy can react

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
At close range Its good to WD out of the shield. since its short, it ends fast and can get a quick hit/gran in before your enemy can react
Wouldn't it be better to just FC out of sheild and Nair?

Also, think I did some thing cool:
So I was comboing this Falco right? In the process of trying to FC NAir, I mistakenly did a full jumped Dair. Somehow, I dragged the falco up into the air with me. Noticing what I did, I immediately Naired him. What was that? A DI fluke?

Top Bottom