• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, I need a hand.

shinero

Smash Rookie
So I've been practicing some of the techs. Started off with the basics first, wavedashing to be specific. I'm having a hard time doing it consistently. When I use Luigi or Falco I can get it on a fairly regular basis. However, I'm having a real difficult time moving into an attack. I can WD back and forth for all eternity but I can't seem to get a decent combo down with it. Also, I've noticed that occasionally my shield activates at the end of the slide. I'm guessing I'm holding L or R down for too long, but not entirely sure. Any advice on perfecting the WD or WDing into an attack?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
On perfecting the wavedash, it really is just tapping the L or R button unless your waveshielding and as for wavedashing into an attack, just flick the C-stick

shinero

Smash Rookie
Waveshielding? I must've missed that one. Is that WDing into a shield, or what? I'll try tapping the C-stick, I haven't tried that yet. I've been using the A attacks. I don't know how you guys do some of these techs. The videos I've seen make them look easy, but they're hard as hell.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It's alright my man practice makes perfect, and the C-stick also does your smash attacks i assume you know that.

Waveshielding is wavedashing and then holding R to shield while moving, i don't use it to often but its a good option sometimes.

shinero

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I was aware that the C-stick is for smash attacks. But I was just trying to see if I could pull off a series of A combos outside of the WD. Also, when you're about to smash coming out of a WD, do you wait until the WD is completed or do you tap the C-stick immediately after you've WDed and are still sliding?

As for using the A smash, I'm not sure if my fingers are quite nimble enough to use that after a WD. I'm still attempting to master it. Let's not complicate things, haha.

shinero

Smash Rookie
Sure have. And amazingly enough, I'm doing a much better job at it than you, James cotter.

I forgot to say thanks for your help to the rest of you guys . Your advice helps a lot.

shinero

Smash Rookie
You truly are a witty man.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks again for those that helped. I've managed to complete the WD to hit combo. In fact, I beat a couple of my buds using the technique. I also have a good grip on the WS to shield grab. I've moved on to L-canceling, but I'm not sure what it looks like, let alone how to go about it. You're supposed to midair dodge just before you hit the ground, right? Does the timing change for each character because of jump animations? How do you know when you've completed it successfully?

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
What your talking about it wavelanding. There are many places on this site that explain all the advance techniques. One that will for sure work is Wak's advanced how to play videos. Watch them. Know them. L-canceling just reduces the lag time of arial attacks after you hit the ground. If you jump and do a neutral A attack while falling, you simply hit L,R, or Z before you hit the ground to cut the time it takes to be able to move again. I suggest using L, it's the easiest especially if you use R for wavedashing. Works the best for me :)

E3E_IceClimbers

Smash Apprentice
i still think by far ice climbers are the easiest to wd....and with a flick down on the c stick while wavedashing is devestating.....so fast, do that a couple time back and forth and then your over smash good bye

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
Lets not get into this, I was joking. However, I have already grabbed you, u threw you, and double kicked you into oblivion!

shinero

Smash Rookie
Alright. I've got another issue, unfortunately. I decided to practice against a level 7 CPU while using the WD techniques... I could complete the moves about half the time, the other half the CPU would grad me while I was still sliding. What can I do to prevent that?

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
This is what I do, but let go of the buttons you used to WD as soon as you see yourself moving, and immediately switch to the attack. (c-stick)

Top Bottom