• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ok please help me i'm really frustrated now!

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
Ok so I'm forced to ask this question how the **** are supposed to deal with overly defensive, smash spamming noobs.

Because my friends are pissing me off, the whole match is basically like this sidestep, (repeat to a ridiculous amount) then when i get near f-smash or up smash) oh and they love spamming projectiles.

P.S. I know I suck =) but help anyways

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Don't be so freaken predictable.

The jab combo works just fine, just use all three hits. It's quick and smooth and spot dodge isn't -that- good.

And stop using Smashes. Use F-air and N-air.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
What Empy said works too. You can also do Jab canceling to catch your opponent off.

metroid1117

Smash Master
It'd be nice if you can provide a video so we can see exactly what you're doing wrong; dealing with scenarios is sort of difficult, since players can adapt and change up their game.

For your scenario, it sounds like they're spotdodging whenever you run up to them. Try pivot grabbing them; if they spotdodge right when you're at their face, the grab will get them right after it ends.

HeWhoCanSee

Smash Cadet
Forward air with Ike has the longest (non-projectile) reach in the game. Spacing is key to playing Ike effectively.

The back air also has a decent reach and is comparable in speed to the jab.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I dont know how to help someone who cant punish rolling or smashing.

And lol wtf, dont use F Smash and U Smash so much, and learn to ****ing shield. People cant just spot dodge infinitely without any kind of punishment, I'm not quite sure how the hell you got that idea. If **** was that terrible, Brawl would be dead.

From what I understand, you are predictable, and you dont know how to punish things most people punish without even thinking about it. Dont let them sidestep and spot dodge so much, it's not hard to unleash a shoop da whoop on them out of a roll.

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
To metroid1117 : Nah the scenario is like this, I approach, they start spamming what ever projectile they got, then when i come near they use aerial or smash or what ever floats their boat, mostly aerials, I dodge and then jab combo and then when they get up sidestep to the edge and repeat also when they are losing the smashes start coming.

To HeWhoCanSee : Yes, I do use them alot for spacing and retreating my aerials, its just hard for me to hit people who keep sidestepping without a projectile.

To Falconv1.0 : See the thing is there are hardly any 'good' people here in Australia that I can really practice with, I only know like one, so I can't really punish rolling because I don't know how at all. I repeat, I hardly ever use smashes unless i'm sure they won't be able to hit me after. With the spot dodging matter I didn't mean that number literally I meant they did like this (they stopped that now though).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECew6wDH98

With the sidestepping matter they don't stop until the edge and if I chase them and wait they just sidestep to the other side.

If you would be able to help me in anyway it would be greatly appreciated.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
To Falconv1.0 : See the thing is there are hardly any 'good' people here in Australia that I can really practice with
This is far from true. Search the regional zones and you will find Australia has a rather large population of smash players, a thriving tournament scene at both state and national level, as well as several players who've traveled internationally to the US, Canada, Asia and Europe to represent Australia internationally with a good level of success. Additionally we often have visitors from abroad play here such as Captain Jack from Japan or Sephiroth Ken from the US.

It doesn't hurt to do a little research before you assume you're the biggest fish in a small pond.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Ok so I'm forced to ask this question how the **** are supposed to deal with overly defensive, smash spamming noobs.

Because my friends are pissing me off, the whole match is basically like this sidestep, (repeat to a ridiculous amount) then when i get near f-smash or up smash) oh and they love spamming projectiles.

P.S. I know I suck =) but help anyways
jump off the edge...grab the edge and wait until they decide that spamming projectiles will be inneffective.... they will walk toward you.. thars when you aether up,shield... and spam nair... be careful not to fall of the edge though....

please note that this DOES NOT WORK against snakes grenade camp...

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
To Cronos_Rainbow : I meant like know personally, I've seen tons of good people at the connection tour, I just don't know where they went also dude I think I suck honestly.

P.S. can we have some wifi matches?

To twoskilld4u : Thanks I'll try that (none of them use snake mwahahahahaha).

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Start doing broken jabs (irregular jabs in sets of one and two). Remember, Ike's game is actually in the air, so do some nairs, fairs, and dairs, along with bairs and aethers. Using a combo of these will keep your opponent guessing, which is a good psychological advantage.

Top Bottom