• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh wow look, it's people

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Same troubles here. I guess any character can be trouble.

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
Eyyyy, welcome back KarleKat!

Some of us have been collecting amiibos like crazy (hint, hint).... they're like Pokemon... gotta catch'em all... o.o

I've been playing online a lot more as well. It's pretty darn fun! Feel free to add me to your Friends list if you're up for some smashing fun (That goes for you other fellas in this thread too! :smash:)

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
Ugh, I have been calling my Gamestop to see when Wave 4 will be available for pre-order. I missed the ones I wanted in every wave leading up to this (including the still unreleased Wave 3, omg really Nintendo), but at this point all I desire is a Charizard to perch merrily atop my happy space. XD

Absolutely! I'll add you shortly. :)

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
She's back! OMG this is cool! Welcome back! I thought you died! JK. Any character can be trouble so long it's in the right hands but the general idea depends on how many people are good with it. To me Megaman sucks because I have not encountered a player that has blown me easily with it and I am a bad player so it doesn't take much. To pair this comment I just Beat a Falco player yesterday using Charizard for the first time online. Wasn't a bad battle he was descent. I also only used the side special flare blitz 3 times in the battle one I missed, one I used it as a recovery cause I was thrown too far away and needed it (Bumped the ledge then fly to recover upB) and the last one was to beat the player on the last stock. I made sure Charizard's deadly move but predictable and almost spamable online by others were a surprise trump card unexpected. I try not to be predictable like also killing people's last stock with a surprise Farore Wind from Zelda or a Toad from Peach. I use those two moves very rarely on my girls.

@MushroomManiac
I have my Zelda and Peach amiibos as you can see in my picture profile but i'm missing one. Rosalina. I ordered her and she's on her way from Japan. costed me $35 including Shipping. I will close with those 3 for now. Rosy is nearly 3 times her value. I'll not buy any more unless it's my 4th main Mewtwo. Which I bet will be a global meltdown when his amiibo appears to buy.

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
I'm surprised to see any Mega Man players online at all. I feel like I'm the only one who actually uses him constantly. I've grown to like him so much that he might just end up being my second main. I blame his playstyle being so similar to his NES days, haha.

I got myself a British Rosalina from a website called GAME. I can only imagine her sitting with my other amiibos drinking tea and throwing my American amiibo off guard with her accent, hehe.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Haha. Mine's Japanese so it's a Rosetta. She'll sound cute between my western Zelda and Peach. Idk, I don't get megaman, he just doesn't click with me. I mean everyone has their style and the characters they like so I can't stand well the idea of projectile play. Sure it gets annoying to approach if done well but it feels weak idk. Again it may be me that doesn't understand him or not like him. What you personal opinion Mushroom?

On another note I was watching a vid of Zelda classic 9 no continues on youtube since I only have a 2ds I wanted to see how the U version of classic was. Though the player won effectively and I saw some tricks to beat Master Core easier in general i didn't like the style. He just sat on most matches spaming dins fire. I don't like that. Makes Zelda look like a cheap camper. I mean over the course of the match yes but not spamming 5 or 4 dins fire in a row without moving Zelda from the spot jeez.

Last edited:

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
I know exactly what you mean Star. When I play I love getting up close to their face. xD

Projectiles are great to throw most opponents off guard from what move they plan on doing next. That or annoy opponents until you can grab their attention so that Mega Man can pull off his close up attacks!

I actually didn't like Mega Man too much when I first picked him up on the 3DS version. It wasn't until the WiiU when I realized how awesome he is, especially with tilt attacks. Thanks to WiiU Smash I actually improved with Mega Man in the 3DS version as well.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hmm yes I get you. It's like that sometimes. You even learn a character in a previous game by using it in a newer game. That's super odd how you learn in the past from the future. Weird indeed. Perhaps I can touch up some characters in the Wiiu but I don't own one so I guess the handheld version is as good as I get. Thanks for the opinion.

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
Mega Man's forward smash ALWAYS catches me off-guard, I have no idea why. I play against someone who really knows how to space out his projectile usage enough where I can't catch any sort of break to approach; especially those sticky bombs, where no matter what I do to avoid it, shield or spot-dodge, he'll rush up and grab me, and as soon as he does that I'm just a toy to play with. Oy.

The only Amiibo I really want is Charizard, and maybe Duck Hunt when they announce his.

Mewtwo is a given. I am seriously hopeful for his next debut in Smash. PLEEEEEASE MAKE HIM DECENT. Smashes with better range, particularly! I didn't like having to be all but touching the other guy to land a hit with them.

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
Duck Hunt is another Amiibo I REALLY want. He'll fit nicely with all my NES stuff. :)

I'm curious if they will make a Mewtwo amiibo after he comes out as DLC for Smash. More importantly if that said DLC will have a higher knockback hitting Mewtwo, lol.

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
I enjoy being expressive, and am pleased it brings other people entertainment as well. :p

Oh man, for sure though. They can completely revamp Mewtwo's old moveset as long as they keep his upthrow sacred and safe. That was a beautiful thing.

Just about the only beautiful thing.

StarForce

Smash Ace
I never had Melee so I never knew Mewtwo. I constantly call it "the master" lol I keep bugging my best friend "Hey on March! The Master is coming" I want to learn to play with him. It'll be my first time. I don't usually use Mewtwo in the pokemon games I opt more for my regular pokes. BUt I like Mewtwo. Not a bad guy in general just a conflicted soul. I'd be pissed to if I wasn't actually born normally but just a genetically (built up fake version) created/manipulated version of a real pokemon designed by some lab guy/lab woman to test or fulfill his/her/them wishes for a strong individual. Find out I have no real purpose than that but to be manipulated by another to their needs.

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
That really bites, I'm sorry to hear that! I'm hopeful for improved internet functionality since MK8 seems to be going so swimmingly, and I would absolutely love to have some 'regulars' I could play against online. I used to have connection problems with my PS3, but have since fixed it (and fortunately Brawl wasn't too much of an issue for me, as I still managed to have some good lagless matches); ah, the complicated glory that is modern technology.

Thank you very much!
hey want to batlle with me star force linked me to this page do you have smash 4 wii u

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
I just liked how graceful he was in Melee. The way he sort of flowed across the screen was awesome; if only his moveset had been able to back up how cool it looked, hahaha. I did like the first Pokemon movie too, I hope they use the same voice for Mewtwo again (though I think a female Mewtwo would be very interesting, I suppose I wouldn't complain either way).

And I sure do, @ bound_for_earth bound_for_earth - you can add me as KarleKat.

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
I just liked how graceful he was in Melee. The way he sort of flowed across the screen was awesome; if only his moveset had been able to back up how cool it looked, hahaha. I did like the first Pokemon movie too, I hope they use the same voice for Mewtwo again (though I think a female Mewtwo would be very interesting, I suppose I wouldn't complain either way).

And I sure do, @ bound_for_earth bound_for_earth - you can add me as KarleKat.
i added you

StarForce

Smash Ace
I'm so glad Karle found a new challenger. Have fun! I thought you two like to fight each other and test your abilities. I can't fight nearly not even on my 2ds due to connection problems but I'd like to connect people who can and make them friends or acquaintances. It fills me with joy. Thanks for visiting Bound.

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Mewtwo's voice from Melee. I can't really imagine any other voice suited for him.

And that laugh he does while taunting or laughing.... tell me that ain't the most coolest sinister laugh you've ever heard in a Smash game. :evil:

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
I'm so glad Karle found a new challenger. Have fun! I thought you two like to fight each other and test your abilities. I can't fight nearly not even on my 2ds due to connection problems but I'd like to connect people who can and make them friends or acquaintances. It fills me with joy. Thanks for visiting Bound.
this is a great welcome to the smash boards community thank you i think ill stsy around this thread
I never had Melee so I never knew Mewtwo. I constantly call it "the master" lol I keep bugging my best friend "Hey on March! The Master is coming" I want to learn to play with him. It'll be my first time. I don't usually use Mewtwo in the pokemon games I opt more for my regular pokes. BUt I like Mewtwo. Not a bad guy in general just a conflicted soul. I'd be pissed to if I wasn't actually born normally but just a genetically (built up fake version) created/manipulated version of a real pokemon designed by some lab guy/lab woman to test or fulfill his/her/them wishes for a strong individual. Find out I have no real purpose than that but to be manipulated by another to their needs.

StarForce

Smash Ace
This our little humble abode. I see your thread got some replies and many views that's great too bound. Glad you can share with us. How's it been on battles today? I've got a few good ones on glory mode. Tonight was Palutena's night. I won a few team and smash as well as 1 on 1 battles with her and a few other of my many for fun characters as well as my mains. I guess it was a good day for me unlike yesterday. Horrible I lost so many matches in all modes yesterday.

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
About a week ago I was going up against this really good Sonic character and lemme tell ya... he literally put the fast in Sonic!

He had no lag in his movements and was perfect pivoting (moving the joystick left and right quickly) all the time. He threw me off guard with every move he made. O_O

I gotta admit though, players that have that much skill for a character are the ones I absolutely love going up against. :chuckle:

StarForce

Smash Ace
About a week ago I was going up against this really good Sonic character and lemme tell ya... he literally put the fast in Sonic!

He had no lag in his movements and was perfect pivoting (moving the joystick left and right quickly) all the time. He threw me off guard with every move he made. O_O

I gotta admit though, players that have that much skill for a character are the ones I absolutely love going up against. :chuckle:
You're a challenge man Mushroom. That's the kind of battles that pump you up. That may be a very bad matchup for me and my skills but I like a good head to head match too. People of my skill. I had a bowser jr as Lemmy give it a head on to my Peach once. I won match one then he won match two I won match 3 and then he won match 4. There was no clear winner. the fifth match he changed to captain Falcon and beat me but then left. He didn't give a rematch with Falcon. But we tied in Peach vs Bowser Jr. I'm sure he liked those battles. Even wins and loses.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Hi, I'm PSIBoy. StarForce told me about you. You see, I'm trying to form a crew, except I'm having some difficulty finding people to be a part of it. StarForce said that you liked to play and you were nice, so I want to invite you to join. But first I want to battle you sometime tomorrow if you don't mind. I want to learn your playstyle.

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
Well well Karle, you're becoming pretty popular! Peeps are already inviting ya to their posse, I guess you can say you're the KarleKat's meow. :chuckle:

Were you able to obtain a Rosalina amiibo, Star? I waited for mine in cold rain near a Target store so I could obtain one on it's release day, and now she's sitting next to the other amiibo! (Not to mention with a very jealous Elsa figurine, hehe) xD

Top Bottom