• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh wow look, it's people

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
The transition from 2D to 3D was certainly amazing! Though I kinda cheated on the 3D experience since I had Donkey Kong Country on the SNES (Which was kinda 2D, but with 3D graphics.... so it's 2.5D-ish! Kinda counts right?)

Haha, curse that Meta-Meta Knight. His cape was so annoying as well. His brokenness reminds me of those desyncing Ice Climbers. Once they grabbed ya, all a person can really do is grab some popcorn and watch. =I

Just tried online today on the WiiU myself with some friends and it's so much smoother than its predecessor. Best of all no more Meta-Meta Knight! :chuckle:

Here's to more online smashing goodness. :smash:

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
Hello! It's been so long since Karle was talking here. Decided to redrop by to visit great friends. I've read what happened. I guess it was a little bad huh, sd's I've done those sometimes. You facepalm when they happen. I'm still doing good I guess. tryng not to get my for glory rating drop below 18% but can't get it to reach at least 25%. It was mild last night but it was my fault. You know I've only faced two metas since ever I began online on a week after launch day one was bad the other whopped by booty lol. Haven't seen Metas after those two.

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
The transition from 2D to 3D was certainly amazing! Though I kinda cheated on the 3D experience since I had Donkey Kong Country on the SNES (Which was kinda 2D, but with 3D graphics.... so it's 2.5D-ish! Kinda counts right?)

Haha, curse that Meta-Meta Knight. His cape was so annoying as well. His brokenness reminds me of those desyncing Ice Climbers. Once they grabbed ya, all a person can really do is grab some popcorn and watch. =I

Just tried online today on the WiiU myself with some friends and it's so much smoother than its predecessor. Best of all no more Meta-Meta Knight! :chuckle:

Here's to more online smashing goodness. :smash:

Totally counts. There is no reason it shouldn't. Carry on. XD

So true about the popcorn thing, though. There was this one guy I had on my friends list on Brawl - he went by Rain, and mained Meta Knight - and in literal years of playing him, I never won a SINGLE MATCH. His Meta Knight was just godly, I couldn't even move the control stick in a hopeful direction without him just punishing the crap out of my insolence.

Hope you're having fun. :D

Hello! It's been so long since Karle was talking here. Decided to redrop by to visit great friends. I've read what happened. I guess it was a little bad huh, sd's I've done those sometimes. You facepalm when they happen. I'm still doing good I guess. tryng not to get my for glory rating drop below 18% but can't get it to reach at least 25%. It was mild last night but it was my fault. You know I've only faced two metas since ever I began online on a week after launch day one was bad the other whopped by booty lol. Haven't seen Metas after those two.

I don't think I facepalmed so much as cursed very entertainingly. It was grand.

For Glory's not much of a real representation of skill anyway, between the input lag and people doing really crazy/spammy things. I've actually made some local friends who play Smash now and good lord, the difference between being beaten online and in person is incredible.
Like, now I can throw the controller and other small objects at them if I really feel like it.
Love that.

StarForce

Smash Ace
I prefer having the person to my side. We can joke and mock each other about the loss, try some stuff and generally have a more fun way. there's also no excuses except saying "my controller buttons are sticky!" or other controller based excuse lol. Hey good to see you again were'd you been? Have you gotten better? Glad you made local buddies to fight. I wish I had those. :/

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
In my high school years I would Brawl with my buddies and I would constantly beat them all with Luigi. It was even to a point to where they would just jump off a platform in a sudden death match against me, lol. Those were the days.

I've actually returned to Smash recently after a long hiatus from it and played with the same buddies just a week ago. They've still been playing both Brawl and the new one even after my hiatus. Lemme just say they've definitely stepped up their game, while I'm pretty much the rustiest player in the whole group, haha.

In a way though, it's kinda a good thing. It's a solid reason to get back to practicing and start to Smash hard like in my glory days! :shades:

StarForce

Smash Ace
In my high school years I would Brawl with my buddies and I would constantly beat them all with Luigi. It was even to a point to where they would just jump off a platform in a sudden death match against me, lol. Those were the days.

I've actually returned to Smash recently after a long hiatus from it and played with the same buddies just a week ago. They've still been playing both Brawl and the new one even after my hiatus. Lemme just say they've definitely stepped up their game, while I'm pretty much the rustiest player in the whole group, haha.

In a way though, it's kinda a good thing. It's a solid reason to get back to practicing and start to Smash hard like in my glory days! :shades:
It also evens things up a bit until you get good again lol. Online is great but nothing beats a good party with peeps yelling, hands clapping, glares, jokes and soda and chips or maybe pizza. Then standing on the door step goodbying the group one by one saying we need to do this again, I'll call you guys for the next meeting.

Last edited:

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
It also evens things up a bit until you get good again lol. Online is great but nothing beats a good party with peeps yelling, hands clapping, glares, jokes and soda and chips or maybe pizza. Then standing on the door step goodbying the group one by one saying we need to do this again, I'll call you guys for the next meeting.
Haha, yes it definitely does even things up (for now ;)). I would often not play and just watch my friends and created some Nintendo related commentary in the background.

Not to mention it's not a crazy good party without the almighty tasty pizza! :seuss:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Ho ho ho, it seems you are mistaken; I am in fact a tough lady, good sir. SO MUCH WORSE.

Feel free to go ahead and add me to your Wii U friends thingy, my ID is KarleKat. I'd love a training pal to play against when it releases this week! Ah, the glories of modern technology and the vast connectedness of the Internet.

It really does bring me consolation to know so many other kids growing up had a similar gaming childhood. It wasn't really appropriate for me to hang out with boys all the time growing up, and no girls in my area wanted to play videogames (unless it was Mary Kate and Ashley's HORSE RIDING ADVENTURE oh sweet geezus I pray none of you recognize the name), so it just kind of sucked.

UNTIL THE INTERNET!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
............I played Mary Kate and Ashley's Horse Riding Adventure. :c

Nah. I'm only kidding. I looked it up just now. It's like someone took the Epona riding mechanics from The Legend of Zelda, made it a full-fledged game, and slapped two celebrities on it. Reminds me of Shaq Fu. In other words, it looks like crap.

Crappy games based on celebrities aside, welcome to the forums! Like you, I'm practically a Smash-a-holic! And....I think I made that word up. Seriously though, I've played all of the Smash games, that being Melee, Brawl, Smash 3DS (and Wii U hopefully), and Project M (yes, it's a mod, I know). Never played Smash 64 though because I was like...3 when that came out? So...yeah.

That's funny...I'm in the same boat as you are when it comes to playing with friends. I barely have anyone who would bother playing Smash with me, let alone any game. The only one who would play with me would be my brother, and even he stopped long ago. Now I'm fighting Level 9 cpus. You can only take so much from seeing them air dodging into a self destruct...Welp, I got Smash 3DS For Glory!

I also can't go to tourneys because I'm broke and I have school. Yep...oh woe is me! But enough about me now. At least you got to be in a tournament! Also, nice profile pic.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
pretty sure this has to be like, the most popular meet and greet thread wow.

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
Hahaha Smashio Juice! I gotta use that as one of my taunts in Smash now. =P

Hmmmmm.... although... what would it taste like?

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hahaha Smashio Juice! I gotta use that as one of my taunts in Smash now. =P

Hmmmmm.... although... what would it taste like?
You sir have spurred me to change one of my taunts for this too. Excellent idea. Team Smashio Juice seems to be an organization with future hope. We need members now.

Flavors based on number of posts by most posting people: (must make 2 posts minimun)
Karle=Cherry, StarForce=Lemon, MushroomManiac=Apple, Jasku=Grape, Ndayday=Pineapple
What mix gets this?

Last edited:

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
Haha, yes! Team Smashio Juice for the win. :kirby:

Now we just need to find an Orange, Lime, Banana, and Kiwi to add to the group so we can impact this community with a Hawaiian Punch! :pow:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
SO after reading through this thread, I come to find I know a bit more about some people; but that's irrelevant.

So welcome to the forums! Though that's a bit late, but I felt I should join in the huge welcome.

Like literally

2 freaking pages

You sound like a really cool prson Karle, hope to see you around (and I AM guilty of having read your name as Karl)

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
SO after reading through this thread, I come to find I know a bit more about some people; but that's irrelevant.

So welcome to the forums! Though that's a bit late, but I felt I should join in the huge welcome.

Like literally

2 freaking pages

You sound like a really cool prson Karle, hope to see you around (and I AM guilty of having read your name as Karl)
Yeah, that's right! I don't think I've seen an introduction thread as big as this one.
And that pow with knock and turn upside down the competition. Lets see who makes their second post to add to the fruity blend..
Also since I posted, can I be added in as Orange in this Smashio Juice concoction?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
everyone must be really thirsty!

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
K K, somany. Welcome to da mix!

Orange you glad you joined? :roll:

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Now all we need is for someone to add in either lime, banana, or lime...

EDIT: I said lime twice, didn't I? I meant kiwi!!

Last edited:

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
That's ok. Stuff happens at random sometimes. Were's Karle? This topic got some good members.

Well I feel like a butt for not logging in after such a long period of time, but I will say that it was lovely to come back to such joyous conversing. And... Smashio juice. I feel like it would taste of fruit, yet be the consistency of real actual blood or something to emphasize the violence.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I just wanted to apologize for not being here to participate in the AWESOME. I still haven't fought any of you, I got a bunch of randoms from the Friend Adding Thread so I gotta fix this!

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
Yeah, been a bit busy lately, but I'll be off work for a month or two starting the 4th next month so I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of me!

I've been playing some local matches and there is this one friend of mine who plays Mega Man, and I just have the WORST time trying to approach or even touch him as Charizard, his projectiles completely maul me before I can get there. I want to work on that. XD

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Good Mega Man players are trouble. And people said that he was low tier...

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
Good Mega Man players are trouble. And people said that he was low tier...

Really? Geezus. People say Charizard is crap too, but I beat a full room of people 1v1 with him right after they had laughed at me on Character Select ("really, Charizard? Whatchoo gonna do with that thing!?").

It's all what you make of it, I guess. Mega Man and Dedede both consistently give me terrible, terrible problems though; Dedede used to be a Villager main, which I would eat for breakfast, but then he switched to Dedede one day and I have been cussing at the TV ever since. XD

Top Bottom