• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh no The Mario melee thread is almost dead

a rookie

Smash Ace
Hi all you Mario's ^__^
I'm "A Rookie." I've been trying to get better with Mario
but I think I have all the tech skill I need and I've been getting
into people's minds more because it's fun and worth it to manipulate effectively.

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
Hi all you Mario's ^__^
I'm "A Rookie." I've been trying to get better with Mario
but I think I have all the tech skill I need and I've been getting
into people's minds more because it's fun and worth it to manipulate effectively.
Hey A Rookie. You prolly don't remember me but i met you at your first tournament at ucsd. Im friends with pmos the pikachu player. Nice to see you on the boards.

AXE 09

Smash Master
keep the mario thread alive!!! mario definately needs love!

the pikachu thread isn't looking too hot either =( we need like a huge melee character revival revolution!

also..... is it weird that i like mario a lot more than i like doc? for some reason my doc sux balls, but my mario's actually decent lol

j3ly

Smash Champion
its because mario has no metagame, so its down to the induvidual to discover his UNBELIEVABLE SEXY fighting style. Doc had very little to be discovered, he has like no combos that dont include uair. Doc is heavy as ****, ugly as ****, BORING as **** - allow doc! mario ftw! the only reason hes not higher in the tier list is because people (me for example) get frustrated with being bair ledgeguarded by foxes and switch to fox :(

a rookie

Smash Ace
its because mario has no metagame, so its down to the induvidual to discover his UNBELIEVABLE SEXY fighting style. Doc had very little to be discovered, he has like no combos that dont include uair. Doc is heavy as ****, ugly as ****, BORING as **** - allow doc! mario ftw! the only reason hes not higher in the tier list is because people (me for example) get frustrated with being bair ledgeguarded by foxes and switch to fox :(
I know how you feel j3ly, I get irritated by that also. Fox can gimp Mario fairly easy. You just have to keep your cool, because emotion affects performance. So, if anything, you should be neutral, whether you win or lose. I have used Fox twice in tourney though. Only because they counterpicked Fox. But now, I'm gonna stick with Mario unless I get *****, then I MIGHT consider switching to someone else. I'll be like the Ken of Mario xD

Hey A Rookie. You prolly don't remember me but i met you at your first tournament at ucsd. Im friends with pmos the pikachu player. Nice to see you on the boards.
Hold on, were you one of the people Pmos and I kept playing teams with? If so, of course I remember you. I know I met you for sure =D

Top Bottom