• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offstage Rising Pound tech

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Recently I've been using a technique with rising pound to try to mix up my stage returns and I have not heard anyone talk about it so here it is. When you are below the ledge of the stage (slightly too low to grab on to it immediately after a rising pound) use rising pound and it clips through the stage knocking any ledgeguarding characters who are particularly close to the edge upwards. It may be a little bit impractical, but can still be used if you are running low on jumps and need to return to the ledge w/o too much worry of being spiked by moves such as C.F's utilt, Samus' utilt, Link's dtilt, etc.

Feedback is appreciated.:039:

(btw:I already know about sharking this is referring to stages with a solid platform)

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Important to note that if you clank with those moves you still get spiked. You have to beat the moves, which means you have to hit them first.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Important to note that if you clank with those moves you still get spiked. You have to beat the moves, which means you have to hit them first.
I probably should have mentioned that I never actually tried it against a spike, just against characters standing still trying to keep me off the ledge (ex.Pikachu using thunder jolt) it was just a thought. But the main point is to mix up the way you recover from below or the side to catch the other player off guard. I used it at tournament with lukewarm results, but the other players were impressed by it :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom