• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offline differences With ZSS.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm trying to figure it out what to do after 2 down smashes perfectly executed after there at least 125%. Well normally i would do the B-Air but it only works online for some reason. Although i have played offline against a computer and i have no problem Executing my combos. But i missed it on Bum.

I'm not trying to make an excuse i just don't understand how it happened. The other difference other then Game play itself is That my Tv is way Smaller compared to the TVs At the CyberCafe my Screen is about 28 inches, and the ones at the cafe are atleast bigger then 40.

If so my last question will be can TVs mess up your timing Especially with ZSS.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
i actually agree that the size does matter. b4 I used to play on a 62. in "widescreen" HDTV. i went over my friends house to play a few with them (they played like on a 20 in.) i felt so...uncalibrated. like the transition from wide to full messed up my timing. i couldnt correctly SH fair. and it kinda felt hard attacking out of dsmash. after that i decided to move the wii to my room on my 22 in. fullscreen. it was a little hard to adjust but now i got it. and it's actually easier to play imo because i dont have to turn my head when im going to the other side of the level because the tv is so big.

EDIT: wait, are u talking about the difference between online and offline? if so there's a big difference.

Munas

Smash Cadet
I find the TV size doesn't matter very much so long as your not playing on a massive or very small TV. Anything in the mid range is pretty normal. I don't think I'd have too much trouble converting between either of the TV sizes mentioned by the OP, the 62 inch TV mentioned by the second poster on the other hand...

Also important to consider: some TVs (LCDs I believe) can introduce a lag between the controller and visual, so adjust your settings if need be.

This is word of mouth, seeing as I have never played online my understanding is that online is pretty laggy compared to real life.

Finally I'm not sure I understood your question but you seemed to be asking what to follow up the double down smash with. There are plenty of threads linked in the stickies that can provide you with many, many combos or possible follow ups, but I'll give you a bit to work with. My suggestion is to check out the stickies anyway cause they're more thorough then I'm willing to spend time being:

At 125% depending on how heavy the character and where you are on the stage there is there is a number of things you should consider: Usually after a double down smash I can manage to catch someone in at least one up B into another double down smash just to build up their damage. On a character with excellent recovery or who is particularly heavy you may want to do that before going into a finisher. Alternatively a down throw can be an excellent set up to lay on some extra hurt as well.

Two fairly reliable finishers after a double down smash I've found are: wait for them to pop out of their hit stun and bair them, following DI as necessary, or just side B them in the face if you can get the spacing right, which shouldn't be too hard.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
I find the TV size doesn't matter very much so long as your not playing on a massive or very small TV. Anything in the mid range is pretty normal. I don't think I'd have too much trouble converting between either of the TV sizes mentioned by the OP, the 62 inch TV mentioned by the second poster on the other hand...

Also important to consider: some TVs (LCDs I believe) can introduce a lag between the controller and visual, so adjust your settings if need be.

This is word of mouth, seeing as I have never played online my understanding is that online is pretty laggy compared to real life.

Finally I'm not sure I understood your question but you seemed to be asking what to follow up the double down smash with. There are plenty of threads linked in the stickies that can provide you with many, many combos or possible follow ups, but I'll give you a bit to work with. My suggestion is to check out the stickies anyway cause they're more thorough then I'm willing to spend time being:

At 125% depending on how heavy the character and where you are on the stage there is there is a number of things you should consider: Usually after a double down smash I can manage to catch someone in at least one up B into another double down smash just to build up their damage. On a character with excellent recovery or who is particularly heavy you may want to do that before going into a finisher. Alternatively a down throw can be an excellent set up to lay on some extra hurt as well.

Two fairly reliable finishers after a double down smash I've found are: wait for them to pop out of their hit stun and bair them, following DI as necessary, or just side B them in the face if you can get the spacing right, which shouldn't be too hard.
Thxs man i know most zss combos i think that was the problem with the settings on the TV
I'm going to use my hdmi cables next time.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
If there is a problem, it's with your perception or muscle memory not with the tv or the fact that it's offline. The game rules and physics don't change when you change between online and offline, and between tv's.

Munas

Smash Cadet
If there is a problem, it's with your perception or muscle memory not with the tv or the fact that it's offline. The game rules and physics don't change when you change between online and offline, and between tv's.
This physics of the game engine don't change. However, it's a well documented fact as I understand it that online has significant lag issues. Also, it is true that certain TVs, particularly HDTVs if memory serves which cause lag between the pressing of buttons and the action. The physics remain the same but the medium by which they are presented presents them differently.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
This physics of the game engine don't change. However, it's a well documented fact as I understand it that online has significant lag issues. Also, it is true that certain TVs, particularly HDTVs if memory serves which cause lag between the pressing of buttons and the action. The physics remain the same but the medium by which they are presented presents them differently.
QFT

Lag ruins everything (except my friend's ike -_-)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The fact that you played online at all has already hurt your skill level in this game. I can almost three-stock my friend who usually two-stocks me after he's come off of an online spree.

PS: The bair works fine.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
because usually i have my timing down for a back air even when i play offline against a computer there was a button lagg or i pressed the button but it did not come out with the move.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
AKA how you perceive them? That's exactly what I said. It's a problem with your perception of what's going on in the game.

Munas

Smash Cadet
AKA how you perceive them? That's exactly what I said. It's a problem with your perception of what's going on in the game.
This is true, but the context you used was very different. It didn't come across this way at all.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Bottom line is lag or no lag, tv or internet or whatever, things being possible are the same no matter what. OP said that his bair only worked online. That's only because he's doing it incorrectly offline, not because it's impossible offline.

Munas

Smash Cadet
Bottom line is lag or no lag, tv or internet or whatever, things being possible are the same no matter what. OP said that his bair only worked online. That's only because he's doing it incorrectly offline, not because it's impossible offline.
Ah, okay. I understand what you're saying now and yes you are correct.

Top Bottom