• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi Testing Grounds

Chaco

Never Logs In
This is a much needed thread in my opinion to keep me and Mmac from making a billion new threads everytime, we or someone else finds something. This will be used to report a find, or asked for something to be tested.

Please use this format.

Description: (This is where you type out what you saw happened, and try to describe what you did)
Conrtols: (If you do know them that is.)
Positioning: (Sometimes this will help with testing, believe me, it helped me.)
Video?: (If you do have one.)
And other details:

Currently Testing.
  • Ground Canceled Aerials
  • Bouncing Egg Roll
  • Auto Canceled Aerials
  • Checking DI on Fsmash

Also, I will be using Ankoku's Method to measure Knockback and Launch Speed of each attack.

Here is how you I shall do so.

I will hit Mario with a move when he is at 0% and 300%, and calculate how much knockback was added for every 1%. So:

Initial Power= How much knockback each move does when opponent is at 0%.
Power Growth= How much knockback is added at each percent.
Trajectory= The rough angle that the opponent is sent flying

Moves generally KO at around 7000, give or take a couple hundred. (Depending on trajectory).

Code:
Key:

Initial Power
0-999 = Weak
1000-1999 = Decent
2000-2999 = Strong
3000-3999 = Amazing
4000+ = Magnificent

Power Growth
0 = None
1-19 = Terrible
20-24 = Poor
25 = Average
26-29 = Decent
30-39 = Amazing
40+ = Magnificent

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Chaco for a person who uses Jigglypuff.

Your really in tune with what is needed =P.

I think you should have Egg Roll in general in there...and Egg lay.
Egg lay because were all looking/hoping for something with that.

Egg roll in general because ya.... and then underneath that Egg roll bounce =P

Matter of fact can anyone try doing a DR into a egg roll and see if anything happens? or doing Egg Roll the same way you would do DR (instead of pressing B >.>)

Just putting ideas out there...I can't DR except at 1/4th speed =P and it's so slow im scared to venture back there to test anything =P.

Chaco

Never Logs In
lol I use lots of characters. Yoshi, Jiggles, Pit, Zamus, GnW, Wolf, Falco some, Gdorf a little nowadays, and picking up on Marth.

And, hmm, I'll see about those.

And DR into egg roll is the same as pressing egg rol middash since it auto cancels the dash and goes into the egg roll.

Verti

Smash Rookie
i tried out the egg bounce today when i was playing my bro(toon link). It went threw his boomerang 3/5 times so i think we are onto somthing

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Probably not....but is there anything we can get out of the Egg Roll breaking when you hit a corner (because that dam Ledge T_T.)

Thats me...Theorymon...

Verti

Smash Rookie
chrono this move helps out a BUNCH when facing a character that spams ranged attacks( i wonder if this will go through din's fire)?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Probably not....but is there anything we can get out of the Egg Roll breaking when you hit a corner (because that dam Ledge T_T.)

Thats me...Theorymon...
To hard to do consistently, near impossible to repeat 3 times in a row. I mean with grabbing the ledge after breaking.

And belive it or not, I went through Snake's Fsmash with this. It needs more testing though, anyone who can do live testing?

Forsworn

Smash Cadet
-Would like to know how long Yoshi's heavy armor lasts during his second jump.

- Would like to know which d-airs break through Yoshi's second jump heavy armor. I've withstood a couple of d-airs while killing with my u-air before the peak of the jump(my memory is crap, don't remember against who) and I have no one around me to test this with myself.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
welll 1 is obviously The manliest character in brawl.
Ganondorf's D-air.

Samus too I believe, and Ness, Zelda, Ike as well.
Kirby's has a bti of a slow down effect that shortens your jump but doesn't cancel it.
Links will break it too, probably Toon Link and G&W as well.

Dont get hit by marth, and Yoshi's D-air has that same effact as Kirby's it appears to shorten your jump length for some reason.

R.Ob's is a nuisance too,....and I think Lucario can own the Jump too with his D-air.

Whats the Egg Roll's Priority in the air, I know it has no hitbox there, but it still has a hurtbox...and I wonder if it can cancel out anything there...

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Test some of the grounded foot stool combo stuff. If you double jump right after the footstool, because of the way Yoshi drops before his DJ, you can get an nair in I think (Also the first couple hits of the bair (And Dair if remember right) but that is kind of useless.. I also got in some egg lays. I just don't have anyone competent enough to test with to see who this works on and if it is blockable.

Other choices would be ground pound and egg roll, but I think those both have too much start up lag.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Im still out from testing...but soon I can hopefull get on this.

Top Bottom