• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "WTF? Why R.O.B???" Thread *debate welcomed*

1. Sheriff's moveset would be gun-based. Easy to make. And don't even argue "no guns" - they'd make the pass for the same reason Fox's, Falco's, and Wolf's guns got in, because they aren't realistic.

2. Lip has no moveset?

B: Flower Spin
Smash B: Lip's Stick
Up B: Flower Jump
Down B: Garbage Block
Final Smash: Rising Blocks

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...R.O.B. will be a great character to play as, It's The cloned clone that annoyes me....and the fact that they call R.O.B. "robot"
That's what he is called in Japan...Like how Bowser is called Koopa...

I'm sure they will change the name in the U.S.

Pitbull

Smash Cadet
I love the fact that R.O.B. made it in. Hes like Nintendos long lost little brother. :)

He looks pretty cool too. I can't wait to try him out.

Does anyone know who I should talk to about making a thread on Brawl Character Discussion to point out the role of each character with a character thread in Brawl (that didn't make it as a PC)?

SolidSonic

Smash Ace

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
*sighs* At least Mr Game & Watch was a little more reasonable. This one is just overboard to me. *sighs* For shame at it's finest...

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
People had the exact same reaction to G&W. Literally the exact same reaction.
Um, no. That isn't true actually. I personally love how people embellish about people's reactions during the Melee release. I never had a problem with G&W, and at least he had personality...

In any case...A character that I hate this much...I think I just have to main.

You're people? Funny, I don't believe one person can be multiple people.

I'd prefer sticking with the fact that I observed forums and observed the reactions come Game & Watch. One comment was "there's no way he's in, he'd be the stupidest character ever." Your reaction matters much, much less, and is probably clouded by your current opinion.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
You're people? Funny, I don't believe one person can be multiple people.

I'd prefer sticking with the fact that I observed forums and observed the reactions come Game & Watch. One comment was "there's no way he's in, he'd be the stupidest character ever." Your reaction matters much, much less, and is probably clouded by your current opinion.
I could say the same about you. And, in fact, I will.

No, I'm not people. I spoke generally, then I spoke about my own personal opinion. Der. :******:

And anyway, I'd say that your memory is clouded because I was on these very boards when the Melee roster came out, and that really wasn't the reaction. People just flat-out didn't know who he was. There was far, far, far, FAR less anticipation for Melee than there was/is for Brawl.

And back when the roster was announced, I had no idea how G&W would play. I'm telling you that now, knowing both his and ROB's movesets...G&W has MUCH more personality.

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
G&W was pretty ok, that inspired positive nostalgia, but the R.O.B? I remember him (it) just picking up spinning discs and dropping them. Him being a fighter just doesn't fit. They could've found so many other characters to put in.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I didn't alwayd think so, but after seeing how he plays I can safely say that I wouldn't trade ROB for any character in the world. And sorry Gr- er.... I mean "Sinister" Lizard, but ROB has a ton more personality than G&W. It's just a fact.

Top Bottom