• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::OFFICIAL WORST THREAD EVER! - The Musical (J/K)::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Self-explanitory. The official thread where we can complain about one anothers ideas just for the flark of it. Or just post up shibus you think is dumb. This'll probably last half an afternoon but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.

First thing's first. Thread Clones and Worthless Rants! I hate it when people don't have the decency to check the boards for things that have already gone through and then go off on some big rant. Like "Sakurai doesn't care. He's tailoring to the market" and all that trash. Flark yeah he's tailoring! That's his flarkin' job! And another thing, I hate people that make up words that sound like swears, only aren't just so they don't have to put in all the asterisks. And then people that scream PWN! I hate PWN! And abreviationons! I mean WTF is FTW? Hypocrisy!
Point of rant: Okay, you get the point. Have fun.

Eaode

Smash Champion
List:

Air Grabs
Air Shields
Air tilts
Customizable movesets
Alternate costumes (love the idea, hate the endless threads)
People who say Ridley should only be a final boss
Scrubs that want items/Final smashes to be permanently on
People that think WD is broken (please let's not start, I'm just saying it annoys me)
People who define characters based on nothing or random filler statements by Sakurai (OMG TWO HANDED SWORD IKE IS SLOW HES TEH NEW ROY)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Threads that get completely off-topic - I think the reason a lot of people make a new thread when a thread of what they're interested in already exists is because after a thread reaches 10 pages the chances of it still being on-topic and productive are very slim. Plus if the thread has hundreds of posts, nobody's going to read yours, but that's a different story

BUT PICHU AND MEWTWO ARE REALLY GOOD BECAUSE I DONT CARE ABOUT TIERS threads - Okay, I'm sure anyone can be good with Pichu, Mewtwo, Bowser, but you'd be better off playing a really cheap character like Marth or Falco. Why do you think 90% of tournaments are the same 4 or 5 characters? Granted there are the occasional Mario or Link, but never something low low tier. If you really think Pichu is so good, go to a tournament, if you win, I'm wrong and you're right.

Wavedashing cries - I, personally, can't wavedash that well. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I usually just jump in the air and don't do the downward dodge, maybe I hit R too late or something, but I still beat my friends who do wavedash. Why? Because I play a cheapass character like She- I MEAN because knowing how to do other advanced moves makes up for it. Wavedashing only gives you a slight edge, but in a tournament setting, every little bit counts. THATS WHY THEY ALL WAVEDASH.

Threads complaining about stuff that doesn't exist, but MIGHT- Self-explanatory. Wait for Sakurai to at least confirm it before you complain about it.

Last but not least: People who don't appreciate Sakurai doing daily updates - SSBB is the first game I've ever heard of that does daily updates, and I only know of 2 or 3 other games that even do weekly updates. Okay so maybe they aren't Sonic the Hedgehog every single time, but he's still doing in much more than he needs to because he wants us to buy the ga... I mean he wants us to know how hard he's working.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
No, he does want us to buy the game. He is working hard to make it worth each of our 50 bucks and making it more than a cop out. I dont care how many non-spectacular updates there are. Like it was said before. The fact that they are giving us nearly daily info is a fantastic product strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom