• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Tier List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I was just wondering if there is an official up to date tier list. If so, when's the last time it was updated? The last official tier list I found was from back in April.

Sorry if this inquiry doesn't constitute starting a thread. I tried asking in the Official Tier List Discussion thread, but no one answered my question.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Because there isn't one.

There was never an official tier list, unless you're talking about the CT tier list, which was universally panned here in the boards.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Oh really? Well this is news to me! And yes I was referring to the CT tier list. Since there is no official list, is there at least a list that most players believe to be accurate?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
A lot of tier lists I see have the same characters in Top 5 and Bottom 5, but everything in between is unpredictable.

Edit: @ Mccdbz5 Mccdbz5 Not my opinion but from what I see, Top 5 looks similar to. (In no order)
-Sonic
-Mewtwo
-Lucas
-Diddy
-Pit
-sometimes Link~

And bottom 5 looks like (in no order)
-ICs
-Jigglypuff
-Ganon
-Olimar
-Bowser
-sometimes Toon Link~

Again, not my opinions, I'd say most tier lists are very biased to tourney results or lack of character knowledge. Thats why the middle is always random it seems like, maybe a slight correlation here and there. A lot of people just bandwagon to the top 5 and bottom 5, so dont take it too seriously.

Last edited:

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
That makes sense. So which characters commonly make up the top 5 and bottom 5? I'm sure I already have a good idea, but I'd still like to know.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
:mewtwopm::pit::diddy::sonic: all swap places for top 4. IMO its :sonic::diddy::pit::mewtwopm:

5-10 is something like :lucas::mario2::fox::link2::metaknight:. IMO its :lucas::mario2::link2::fox::metaknight:

After that, :ivysaur::wolf::samus2::falco::zerosuitsamus::snake::squirtle::lucario::ness2: :sheik:in this general 11-20 area (I think its :ivysaur::wolf::samus2::falco::squirtle::lucario::ness2::zerosuitsamus::sheik::snake:)

Bottom 4 universally considered to be :popo::jigglypuff::ganondorf::bowser2: (in that order usually).

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
A lot of tier lists I see have the same characters in Top 5 and Bottom 5, but everything in between is unpredictable.

Edit: @ Mccdbz5 Mccdbz5 Not my opinion but from what I see, Top 5 looks similar to. (In no order)
-Sonic
-Mewtwo
-Lucas
-Diddy
-Pit
-sometimes Link~

And bottom 5 looks like (in no order)
-ICs
-Jigglypuff
-Ganon
-Olimar
-Bowser
-sometimes Toon Link~

Again, not my opinions, I'd say most tier lists are very biased to tourney results or lack of character knowledge. Thats why the middle is always random it seems like, maybe a slight correlation here and there. A lot of people just bandwagon to the top 5 and bottom 5, so dont take it too seriously.
Sonic is not above fox or mario. Link and toon link are not apart of the top/bot, just saying.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Sorry if this inquiry doesn't constitute starting a thread. I tried asking in the Official Tier List Discussion thread, but no one answered my question.
That doesn't mean you get to make a new thread, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom