• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official - The Smashboards Tourney Group

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen, and welcome to the official Smashboards Tournament Group!

The folks at this fine thread decided that Playing For Glory isn't nearly as rewarding as entering and winning a Tournament, so @neohopeSTF came up with the idea that the Smashboards community should make its own Tournament group!

The rules of this Group's Tournament are as follows (as posted by yours truly in the inception thread):
- Tourneys will be exactly one week in length (to the minute!)
*- A password that will be posted here will be required to participate in the tournament
*- Up to 100 people can join
*- The tourney format will be "Number of Wins" with no Victory Conditions or Battle Conditions
- Battles will be 2 Stocks, 6 Minutes in Length
- Sudden Death will be disabled
- Launch Rate will be 1.0x
*- The Stage Choice will be random from the following stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Town and City, Smashville, Duck Hunt, and Dream Land 64
- SD Penalty will be set to -1
- Item switch will be set to "None" and "All Off"
- Stamina will be off
*- Mii Fighters will be legal, with EVO-legal sets or 1111, 2222, or 3333 preferred
*- Use of Custom Fighters will be off
- Matches will be one-on-one, which can be forced by not joining a match with two players already waiting

Rules marked with * are rules that I know people have different opinions on and I am open to changing.
If you wish to start a tourney, please post the Tourney ID and Password so everyone can join!
If you wish to join (or I accidentally said you joined and you didn't), just leave a comment saying so!
If you have a suggestion, leave a comment with your suggestion!
If I am leaving something out, please let me know!

MEMBERS IN THE GROUP:
Me
@neohopeSTF
@Nexin
@ SonicvMario SonicvMario
@ telite2 telite2
@ P Planty
@ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
@ Shade_The_Umbreon Shade_The_Umbreon
@ Turrin Turrin
@ Z ZeekLTK
@ Sushishark Sushishark
@ BlueMenace BlueMenace
@ ChaikaBestGirl ChaikaBestGirl

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
First of all, erase me from the "maybe" list and add me to the "yes" one.

Second, wouldn't it be better if you created an actual group instead of a thread?

telite2

Smash Rookie
I created a Tournament group!

ID: 2022931735944
Password: wombocombo

I didn't see anything for a battle limit (sorry if I missed it), so I went with 50 battles. Not sure if that's overkill, if it is I'll change it for the next one. Also, I don't have Dreamland 64 and I guess I never unlocked the Duck Hunt level...whoops ._.

Last edited:

ZeekLTK

Smash Cadet
I'll be in the group, but I would prefer customs on. We could have a house rule of no equipment, but I'd really like to try out some of the custom moves on actual people instead of mostly just CPU and a few amiibo.

Unless I've missed updates elsewhere, I think tournaments are the only way you can use custom moves online against "random" people.

Also that tournament ID posted above me does not work (2022931735944) - I think you are missing a digit, there is room to enter 14 numbers, but that ID only has 13.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'll be in the group, but I would prefer customs on. We could have a house rule of no equipment, but I'd really like to try out some of the custom moves on actual people instead of mostly just CPU and a few amiibo.
I completely agree!

Unless I've missed updates elsewhere, I think tournaments are the only way you can use customs online against "random" people.
Nope, only place :urg:

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I'll join in - sounds fun. When are we actually gonna start it? Are we waiting for enough people to join?

Shade_The_Umbreon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luigifan16
I created a Tournament group!

ID: 2022931735944
Password: wombocombo

I didn't see anything for a battle limit (sorry if I missed it), so I went with 50 battles. Not sure if that's overkill, if it is I'll change it for the next one. Also, I don't have Dreamland 64 and I guess I never unlocked the Duck Hunt level...whoops ._.
I can't find it because you're Tourney ID is missing a number

ZeekLTK

Smash Cadet
- Matches will be one-on-one, which can be forced by not joining a match with two players already waiting
I think this "rule" is going to cause some issues, and I can't believe they didn't include an option to pick either 2 or 4 players max. Hopefully that will be coming in the next update once they realize there is a demand for it, but we'll see...

Anyways, basically by saying this, it means that you will always have to wait for the timer to count down for every match, which kind of sucks to just sit there in the "training" screen for so long (over a minute) with just that punching bag. I don't understand that either, why did they get rid of the "shadow" opponents? At least that was kind of fun to play while waiting... the punching bag is SO BORING! Anyways...

It also means EVERYONE ELSE has to sit around and wait for one match to start before starting their own. If there are 8 people trying to play, the people waiting for the 4th match could be stuck waiting for over 5 minutes before their own game can start. This is because it will always try to fill the games first, so if you try to join, it will always put you in the existing game with the 2 people who are about to play.

Might be best to just accept how it is set up now and if there are more than 2 people on at any given time, just play the 4-player mode for the sake of not making people wait.

Last edited:

telite2

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry guys, I did miss a number D:

ID #: 20229317395944

Thought about just making a new one, but there's still three days left so I'm just going to stick with this one.

telite2

Smash Rookie
I think this "rule" is going to cause some issues, and I can't believe they didn't include an option to pick either 2 or 4 players max. Hopefully that will be coming in the next update once they realize there is a demand for it, but we'll see...

Anyways, basically by saying this, it means that you will always have to wait for the timer to count down for every match, which kind of sucks to just sit there in the "training" screen for so long (over a minute) with just that punching bag. I don't understand that either, why did they get rid of the "shadow" opponents? At least that was kind of fun to play while waiting... the punching bag is SO BORING! Anyways...

It also means EVERYONE ELSE has to sit around and wait for one match to start before starting their own. If there are 8 people trying to play, the people waiting for the 4th match could be stuck waiting for over 5 minutes before their own game can start. This is because it will always try to fill the games first, so if you try to join, it will always put you in the existing game with the 2 people who are about to play.

Might be best to just accept how it is set up now and if there are more than 2 people on at any given time, just play the 4-player mode for the sake of not making people wait.
I agree it kind of sucks to wait, but it's the best we can do for now. Not only because I prefer to play 1v1, but whenever I play a 4 player game the odds of the match being laggy go up.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
So how do we coordinate when and when not to join? You can't pick rooms so everyone will just get tossed into a 4P game unless everybody waits their turn for a match.

edit: You can also turn Smashville and Duck Hunt on (if you have them?)

Last edited:

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
Sorry, I have been swamped lately and will add everyone.
I guess we can do 4-Person Free-for-Alls if everyone is ok with that.
@ telite2 telite2 The Duck Hunt stage is unlockable by getting one KO in Cruel Smash, so just Ganoncide (Ganon's Side-Special over the ledge) and you will get it.
@ Z ZeekLTK ...I guess we could have two tourneys at a time, one with customs and one without. I prefer customs off but I don't mind playing with customs on.

ZeekLTK

Smash Cadet
TourneyID: 62994307836445
Password: gg

Set to run for a week starting right now.

telite2

Smash Rookie
So, as soon as my tourney ends I plan on doing another one. Pretty sure nobody has fought in yet, because I realized I don't even know when any of you guys might be on lol. I'll be on after I get out of work at 8 until about 10 or 11. Also, I'll have Duck Hunt and Smashville unlocked for the next one

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
Sorry, I have been swamped lately and will add everyone.
I guess we can do 4-Person Free-for-Alls if everyone is ok with that.
@ telite2 telite2 The Duck Hunt stage is unlockable by getting one KO in Cruel Smash, so just Ganoncide (Ganon's Side-Special over the ledge) and you will get it.
@ Z ZeekLTK ...I guess we could have two tourneys at a time, one with customs and one without. I prefer customs off but I don't mind playing with customs on.
Instead of having two tournaments at a time would it not be better to alternate between customs on/off on a weekly or monthly basis

Last edited:

telite2

Smash Rookie
I'm with @ SonicvMario SonicvMario on this. We need to get at least one tourney off the ground before we can start going for two. I joined Zeek's tourney and I'll be on 'til 10 tonight whoever wants to play. I'll be playing Peach and Kirby pretty much, I think I've given up on Lucario as my main D:

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
What time zone are you guys talking about? I kind of live in Hong Kong so I need to know when to get on to line up with you guys...

BlueMenace

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrZwij
I wanna join this! Sounds fun! What is the tourney ID and/or password?
P.S. an idea would be to play doubles instead of free for alls. :)

Last edited:

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
I wanna join this! Sounds fun! What is the tourney ID and/or password?
P.S. an idea would be to play doubles instead of free for alls. :)
That... might work. I will add you and if anyone is on, I am free now.
@ Turrin Turrin I live in the US Central time zone (at the time of this post it is almost 9:10 at night on the 13th of August).
EDIT: @ BlueMenace BlueMenace The tourney ID and password will be posted on the thread when someone creates a tourney. The most recent one as of now is:
TourneyID: 62994307836445
Ending Monday.

Last edited:

telite2

Smash Rookie
I don't think we can pull off doubles yet, but the idea sounds fun. We still can't seem to get a match off the ground. My issue is there's no way for me to know when anyone else is on. So, post the times you're usually most available to play either here or in the Miiverse group.

I get out of work around 8:00 EST so from around there to 10:00 EST (maybe later). On days off I play a little around 12:00 then again later around 7:00 or 8:00.

ZeekLTK

Smash Cadet
Am on right now, I'll sit in the tourney room for a little bit to see if anyone joins.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
I thought that this idea had died since nobody was posting in the group. I didn't know you used this as a sort of base (I've been here since the start of the tourney group). I'm just posting here to get notifications and to introduce myself to everyone new.

Hi.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Are there actually enough people to do a full on tourney? If there's very few people, then the chance of nobody being there when you wanna play increases (ESPECIALLY if you play during odd hours)

ZeekLTK

Smash Cadet
Well, let's just keep trying and eventually people will start playing.

Tournament #3: 52188171488666

I turned customs on for this one though, let's see how it goes.

Top Bottom