• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Super Smash Bros. Edition Gamecube Controllers available for PRE-ORDER NOW!

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I already have the SSB Wii U + Cube Controller/adapter bundle pre-ordered, but at that price I'll probably consider pre-ordering one so I can have more (fancy looking) Cube controllers.

I may consider it more if the Smashboards store gets pre-orders for it..they have that for SSB4 after all.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
So say you've been playing smash on emula- with an xbox controller. How awkward is it going from xbox to wiiU pro controller. (they look similar so I was thinking of just getting pro controller for smash4 since I got really comfortable with xbox controller.)

Otherwise I'll just get the adapter and hope my Gcube controller is still working.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I'm already per-ordering a Smash 4 Wii U bundle at the closest Gamestop, it's 100 bucks for the game, the GameCube adapter and this controller. So compared to ordering all of them online I save 10 bucks and don't have to wait for shipping for the controller. Although I might end up buying another one just because.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
So say you've been playing smash on emula- with an xbox controller. How awkward is it going from xbox to wiiU pro controller. (they look similar so I was thinking of just getting pro controller for smash4 since I got really comfortable with xbox controller.)

Otherwise I'll just get the adapter and hope my Gcube controller is still working.
The Wii U's Pro Controller is more comfortable overall to me, but I've seen a lot of people complain about the stick layout. If that's not an issue for you, then you should be fine using it.

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
I currently have only two working GCN controllers, one is Nintendo branded, the other is third party. I am definitely buying this. But a question, will the adapters support third party controllers?

EverythingSmash

www.youtube.com/everythingsmash
http://goo.gl/jOupeh

Putting the link under the video in the first post would be very appreciated.
Sorry It was late when I posted it, went to sleep right after. I'll edit it in. :)

I currently have only two working GCN controllers, one is Nintendo branded, the other is third party. I am definitely buying this. But a question, will the adapters support third party controllers?
Not sure if we have any information about that, I see no reason why It wouldn't work.But until we have the adapters we won't really know for sure.When I review the product I'll be sure to test out wireless and 3rd party controllers for it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
My Gamestop listed this as "Wii U Gamecube controller" Just to clarify, this is the same as what Gamestop listed right, not the PDP fight pad?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I actually don't like the PDP controllers, personally. :p They look a bit more like toys than I'd like them to (which isn't to say that they are, or are bad quality). I'll take the official Smash controller anyday. :)

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
I don't want the wrong pre order. I got " Wii U Gamecube controller". Is what I ordered the same as the Smash Bros edition controller?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I don't want the wrong pre order. I got " Wii U Gamecube controller". Is what I ordered the same as the Smash Bros edition controller?
If you followed the link in the OP, yes. :p Otherwise it's kinda hard to tell without seeing what you ordered.

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
If you followed the link in the OP, yes. :p Otherwise it's kinda hard to tell without seeing what you ordered.
I went to a Gamestop to pre-order so I could go pick it up upon release. The options were the PDP controllers, and "Wii U Gamecube controller". I got option 4, and want to clarify that this is the same as option 4.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I imagine so, then - as far as I know, besides the official Smash Bros one and PDP varieties, there aren't any Gamecube controllers up for pre-order at the moment. :)

Last edited:

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I'm waiting for the Smash Wii U bundle that comes with an adapter and a controller. When will that be up for pre-order?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'm going to assume the 31st December date is a placeholder. :)
A placeholder for February delay

Will we be able to purchase the Smash Wii U bundle with controller and gc adapter at gamestop, or is it only available by preordering online?

Last edited:

EverythingSmash

www.youtube.com/everythingsmash

The buttons feel different and the triggers feel different. So its likely going to feel completely new for you making the switch.

Top Bottom