• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia Thread

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Ok, for those of you who have played these games, good for you, and maybe you too will see why Im making this thread.

Soul Blazer was a game made for the SNES, starring the character unoffically named Blazer. I feel he would make a great character, acting as a cross between marth and Zelda (yes, he has some magic AND has a sword). Soul Blazer was an awesome game, and if they are bringing Pit back, they gotta bring Blazer back.

The Illusion of Gaia, the sequal to Soul Blazer was even better. It starred Will, a teenage boy on a quest to find out what happened to his father when he was a just a child. Will, now bare with me, uses a flute as his wepaon of choice. He would play like Y. Link, but without the projectiles. He can, though, as he does in the game, tranform into Freedan; an adult, sword weilding knight. Freedan is very powerful, and would probably play like Roy. Thats not all though, Will & Freedan can transform into Shadow; a fiery blue, plasma like, entity, who is extremely powerful, but with no sword or anything. He would probably play like a cross between Ganondorf and Mewto, but without any projectiles at all.

Also... for those of you who have played the game (applies to only to those who live in EUR) Terranigma, the sequel to The Illusion of Gaia. Ark is the main character here, and would play alot like a cross between Ness and Zelda. Using one of the magic rods from the game.

just remember, when I say "Plays like", I mean generally their attacks would be similar to those characters, not really clones. Hopefully, all of you like these games as much as me. Support? Comments? Discuss....

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Excellent idea. Though, I'd argue that the number of sword weilders in Smash is already increasing at an alarming rate.

edit: Sword weild comment directed at Blazer, not Will. I'm more than aware he uses a flute. (though, still there are still Transformation possibilities.)

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Well, only Blazer and Freedan have swords. Will has a Flute, which is pretty short. I just would love to have these guys in the game, I grew up playing the heck outta those games (exception to Terranigma, have the emu). I just think they would be good additions to the game.

EDIT: Just read your edit. lol

frogfusious

Smash Cadet
Will would be an awesome addition. The ability to transform into Freedan would be great, we need another character like Zelda who can change forms. Some Illusion of Gaia levels would be great too; they could use the Tower of Babel and have one of the five bosses from the game appear every now and then to create environmental hazards.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I mentioned a Tower of Babel level in another thread where I mentioned Will before making this thread. Castoth (the first boss) could appear and do something, swipe his claws or something. Im sure you remmeber how all the bosses reappear in the tower, so maybe all the bosses could appear and do whatever.

EDIT: Read what you said wrongly, so yea, just have one randomly appear and do something.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I dont know about will, I never really liked him. Something about attacking people with a flute isnt appealing. Shadow was awesome. Blazer would be cool but like an above poster said theres already a lot of swordman.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Well, lets see... sowrd weilders are: Link, Y. Link, Marth, Roy, Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus. 7 out of at least 30. 3 more, if you include the Flute. Not so much of a big deal, really. I think it would add more variety to the game, though many of you would probably say that Meta Knight and Pit add that...

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
iuno but it seems enix/quintet made this game.
and now that enix is in partnership with square, i don't see it happening.

although i like the idea of having a char use a flute as a main weapon.
that is quite appealing and unique.
just don't find the licensing deal realistic.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
I dont know, I mean, it is possible. Geno is Squaresoft and it looks like he has a pretty nice chance of getting in (Squaresoft for those of you dont know is now Square-Enix). I think All 3, though mainly Will, would make awesome additions to the game. Will would be able to do his Psycho Dash, and Freedan would have the Dark Friar. Shadow could have a similar moveset to that of Glacius from Killer Instinct. I think it could relly work well.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Finally found a thread about these characters........

i get the feeling that no one is going to look too much at this thread......... oh well

i actually came up with a (very basic) move set for freeden

it isn't very good but what the hey?

*note* i know about the square enix thing but hey i can dreamFreeden

Attack: A
Pressing the A button (or whatever button you set to attack on the Start Game screen) will unleash a regular attack on unsuspecting enemies. Will attacks with his flute, Freedan with a sword, and Shadow with a arm? Will's attack is the weakest, but he jumps forward slightly when he does it,; just keep attacking and most weak to medium enemies are fish bait. Freedan's is the fastest and has the longest range; Shadow's is the strongest and is almost as fast and far-reaching as Freedan (and he seems to have a bit more sideways range).

Telekinesis: B over
Hold B over to execute the Telekinesis move. This has a twofold use: 1) Blocks certain projectile attacks; very useful if you have good timing. 2) Draws things towards you

Freedan's Moves B
Dark Friar
Hold down the Attack button; Freedan will glow red slowly twice, then rapidly. When he glows rapidly, his power is at full Releasing the button will shoot a ball of fire across the screen. Although the Dark Friar doesn't do all that much more damage, its long range is very useful (and sometimes necessary to defeat enemies on the other side of gaps or walls).the Dark Friar can gain in power such that when it hits enemies (or when you press the Attack button again while it's in flight) it will split into four very large fireballs which whirl off the screen, doing average damage and has a small knock back. Excellent!

Aura Barrier B down

Like the Dark Friar, build up Freedan's power by holding down the Attack button. When it's full, press R or L. Two blue shields will surround him and circle around him for a short time. They'll hurt enemies they touch. Not a necessary skill, but it comes in handy.

Earthquaker= Down A in Air

This one's simple to pull off and can be useful: Just hit the Attack button when you drop off a cliff or ledge. Freedan will shake the ground when he lands, and all enemies (within a certain distance of course) will be immobilized for a little while.

Final Smash: Transformation= Shadow (not the hedgehog)

Shadow's Moves
Aura B down

Pressing the B down button will cause Shadow to melt. He can't be hurt in this form, but he can't move or do anything either. He'll reform in a few seconds. The real point of it, though, is that if he's standing over an extended floor in the Pyramid (you can see the bricks below the floor go down for a bit) he can drop through the floor and land on the floor below.
Firebird B

just press the B button to send a phoenix out to attack.

Also he could do a transformation like Zelda and Sheik from will to freeden (with certain constraints) with similar moves but stronger and different B moves but a weaker attack so as not to create another Cheapass character.

VERY OLD THREAD!!!! sry if this gets too old

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I like this idea. Two great games. Also, if you want to go into Top Rated Games ever and third party, add the Secret Of Mana to this list with their main character, whose name you chose but his unofficial name is Randi.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Illusion of gaia is one of my favorite games of all time from my childhood. Will could have freedon transformation and/or a shadow transformation finalsmash. Nothing wrong with another psychic smash character in my opinion.

Rex+

Smash Ace
I've played Illusion of Gaia on my PC, but that's it.
But, yeah, there are too many sword wielders in Brawl as is, getting one more (and a guy with a flute) wouldn't make sense.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hmm, I've played all three of these games, and basically I liked each sequel more than the previous game- though they are getting kind of mixed up in my mind. I don't think Soul Blazer had enough character (or a name) to really warrant being an SSBB character. Will would probably be the most interesting, especially if he was combined with Freedan. Maybe you could choose which character to play each time you respawn? That'd be unique, and make more sense since they couldn't switch out whenever they wanted.

Favorite part of the series, when Hamlet the pig makes his come back and immediately kills himself. I suppose that's what you get when you name your pet pig "ham"... Am I the only one who found that absolutely hilarious?

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I've played all three of these games, and basically I liked each sequel more than the previous game- though they are getting kind of mixed up in my mind. I don't think Soul Blazer had enough character (or a name) to really warrant being an SSBB character. Will would probably be the most interesting, especially if he was combined with Freedan. Maybe you could choose which character to play each time you respawn? That'd be unique, and make more sense since they couldn't switch out whenever they wanted.

Favorite part of the series, when Hamlet the pig makes his come back and immediately kills himself. I suppose that's what you get when you name your pet pig "ham"... Am I the only one who found that absolutely hilarious?
i agree on the freeden/ will part because their transformation could be like zelda/sheik (but less cheap...... say with a time constrant or extended transformation scene) but people can't abuse the transformation.

also since sakurai seems to like retro characters they (probably won't get in) have a chance

but i severely doubt it.

oh well i loved illusion of gaia and they could make good characters but they probably won't get in.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
well the characters are pretty origional but like everyone else on this thread think that they have a very little chance of getting in

wow not many people have played the game

Sry again Double post

Star105

Smash Journeyman
well the characters from these games are actually pretty good and they have a chance (I HIGHLY DOUBT IT THOUGH) because sakurai actually likes the retro characters but these may be AT's but it would be awesome if any one of them were playable.

SHOOT............... sry triple post

Top Bottom