• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
The Ice Climbers looks odd standing next to each other...
Like...they have merged faces.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
Another thing I hate is that people trying to prove melee is better than brawl.
ENOUGH OF THAT!
I'm sick of it. Wavedashing didn't just popped in, it had to be discovered.
We played melee for 7 years and we played brawl for 6 months. Wait for more techniques to be discovered in brawl.
So...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Shred_kid

Smash Cadet
I played a very technical melee game, and there is simply no potential for that in Brawl. There were more mindgames, combos (where did hitstun go?) and the game was much faster paced.

And at the Chaos...We really aren't going to discover any techniques that will have the same impact upon brawl that wavedashing had on melee.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
I played a very technical melee game, and there is simply no potential for that in Brawl. There were more mindgames, combos (where did hitstun go?) and the game was much faster paced.

And at the Chaos...We really aren't going to discover any techniques that will have the same impact upon brawl that wavedashing had on melee.
1 technique will not change a game dramatically...many will. wavedashing alone didn't change Melee, shffl'ing, airgrabbing, long ledge invincibility frames, and many more.

I'm just getting sick and tired of people trying to compare melee and brawl.

You don't know if a technique will have the same impact on that wavedashing had on melee.

Everyone should try to discover many techniques for brawl.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
1 technique will not change a game dramatically...many will. wavedashing alone didn't change Melee, shffl'ing, airgrabbing, long ledge invincibility frames, and many more.

You don't know if a technique will have the same impact on that wavedashing had on melee.

Well there's hardly any chance since Sakurai actually tried his best to stop brawl from becoming a competitive game, which means theres a slim chance for a technique to be found. (thats why things like tripping/floaty gravity/infinite airdodge/lack of hitstun etc are in brawl) Besides... it didnt take long for wavedashing to be discovered, plus there were less people looking for techniques in Melee, and also, the people didnt know exactly what they were looking for to begin with. Ever since Brawl was out, there has been a whole lot more people looking for techniques, and most of them are usually useless in a match or character specifics.

So yes...it is almost impossible for any technique in Brawl to have as much of a great impact as Melee's techniques beacause you wouldnt be able to combo because of the hitstun, the tripping, and infinite airdodges

also....is airgrabbing even a technique in melee? if it is, i've never heard of it...

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Melee and Brawl have been compared to each other on the same thread.

LOCK THIS THREAD
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK

My complaint about brawl is that Melee exist, making it really hard for people to talk normally on this forum.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

There really isn't anything more to find except gimmicky ones that don't have any real purpose in an actual match.

The reason melee's metagame took so long to develop (besides the depth) was every player wasn't looking for AT's since the day the game came out like Brawl's players are/were. This game really has nothing more to offer.

PK sucker punch

Smash Rookie
to complainers of basic smash strategies

my complaint is not really about brawl, the game is better than god. my complaint is against noobs that complain about spamming, CG, camp, edgehogging etc. these things r part of the game. just like AT, they were all accounted for when the game was developed. if u leave yourself in the position where an opponent can capitalize with these things, its your own fault (well, CG/infinites r a bit harder to avoid) but dont try to tell people not to do these things. its deliberately telling the player to change up HIS strategy to better suit your own, which is selfish and shows signs of poor sportsmanship and weakness, in my opinion.

LSDX

Wah!
My other biggest complaint is that there are not enough landmasters. Seriously, they are god tier by far...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
my complaint is not really about brawl, the game is better than god. my complaint is against noobs that complain about spamming, CG, camp, edgehogging etc. these things r part of the game. just like AT, they were all accounted for when the game was developed. if u leave yourself in the position where an opponent can capitalize with these things, its your own fault (well, CG/infinites r a bit harder to avoid) but dont try to tell people not to do these things. its deliberately telling the player to change up HIS strategy to better suit your own, which is selfish and shows signs of poor sportsmanship and weakness, in my opinion.
This is very well said and a good point and I think people should listen to this!

My other biggest complaint is that there are not enough landmasters. Seriously, they are god tier by far...
You know you're right--Meta Knight needs a landmaster to truly be top tier.

Pink_Yoshi

Smash Rookie
I'm sure everyone has talked about how laggy is Basic Brawl when playing Wi-Fi. Honestly, it's a big deal, but my main complaint is: when there are two or three players, why the hell do we need a CP? Seriously, it's annoying as hell.

Roller

Smash Legend
64 FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!

WTF NINTENDO! I've had to delete literally over 200 already. GEEZE!

ATLEAST MAKE IT 99, IT'S NOT LIKE THAT WOULD'VE TAKEN ANY EXTRA WORK!

You guys at nintendo may not have any friends... but we do.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
64 FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!

WTF NINTENDO! I've had to delete literally over 200 already. GEEZE!

ATLEAST MAKE IT 99, IT'S NOT LIKE THAT WOULD'VE TAKEN ANY EXTRA WORK!

You guys at nintendo may not have any friends... but we do.
Heh... true dat, Roller. I mean, if they had any sense at all to look at the forum dedicated to the game, they would have seen how MASSIVE it was. Thus, giving them the idea to maybe, just MAYBE, make the friends list's maximum ammount of friends a bit larger.

But NO. -_-

LSDX

Wah!
Melee: "Go fetch me some scotch Brawl!"
Brawl: "Aw poo! When are you going to teach me how to wavedash?"
Melee: "When you can not be so clumsy..."
Brawl: "Aw Melee, you're so full of yours--" *Trips*

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Melee: "Go fetch me some scotch Brawl!"
Brawl: "Aw poo! When are you going to teach me how to wavedash?"
Melee: "When you can not be so clumsy..."
Brawl: "Aw Melee, you're so full of yours--" *Trips*
Lol, that's alll I can say.... besides 'that's all I can say'... and besides 'besides...' and 'and'.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Gimpyfish taking down the only reason that separates the Lucario boards truly from the others: the chat. I understand that he's doin' what he thinks is "right", but I have legitimate claim that the "Lucario Chatroom" thread not only doesn't always contain spam (tho it has a lot), but it is more useful than hurtful.

Wish we had a reigning mod for our boards like the good ol' Coen days, instead of being monitored by Gimpy.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
WTF? Why is this thread still here? And why are people still posting in it?

Unstickied/locked for now. If the need arises for it again, I shall revive the thread once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom