• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
yea, i turns out i dont like toon link ^^'

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That's interesting. Greninja's uthrow is similar. On certain characters, he can directly go into usmash from a uthrow at low percents but on others, he needs to follow up with an uair.
Greninja and Dark Pit share simmilar fighting styles. I want to say its an even MU for them...what do you think?

Spirst

Greninja and Dark Pit share simmilar fighting styles. I want to say its an even MU for them...what do you think?
Though I'd need more Dark Pit experience to be sure, that seems pretty accurate from what I've gathered so far.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
I will be uploading some of my matches to YouTube once I get permission from the other players involved.

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
also, if anyone wants an after party play, im free~

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Nice, 4th place. I set my goal to just win one set. Who expected an Ike would make it that far? lol

Good tournament guys, looking forward to the next one!

Congrats @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed

Spirst

Hmm. I think an issue I'm having is getting used to the constant pivot tilts. I underestimate the range and power those have. I also think Greninja has to be less aggressive and bait Dark Pit into going for aerials since that's where he seems fairly punishable. That, and a character like Greninja is slippery and tough to control on a circle pad. I wonder how this would fare on the Wii U.

LckyAce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LckyAce
3DS FC
0533-4950-3798
For my first tournament, 17th place isnt that bad (I dont think it is atleast) and my thought on Game and Watch..
Pros
-Does good Damage
Cons
-Cant combo (then again it might be me)
-Smash attacks feel slow/sluggish
-Bad range game

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Congrats @Spped and @ Spirst Spirst for first and second place! You both will be getting your eshop money as promised!
Additionally, thanks you all who had participated in this tournament! Whether you got first, or dead last, it was a good learning experience.
But with that experience comes... POLLS! Yes, I have many questions to ask for you to how to improved the next tournament that I host.
Before I begin to post them, what do you think should be changed to improve the quality of the tournament?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Here are the pools I need the players to answer. Sorry, but these will help achieve better tournaments for the future:
Organization of the tourney:
http://strawpoll.me/2760832

Lag thoughts:
http://strawpoll.me/2760841

Length of tournament:
http://strawpoll.me/2760846

Amount of players:
http://strawpoll.me/2760854

Tournament prize?
http://strawpoll.me/2760863
Streamer Poll:
http://strawpoll.me/2760875

People are going to start saying I'm the one who made all the questions on club nintendo surveys...

Last edited:

Spirst

This one conflicts me. It brings a lot of diversity and prevents overcentralization of character usage, but I'm sure people just want to use whoever. Going to go with yes though just for the interest value.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
This one conflicts me. It brings a lot of diversity and prevents overcentralization of character usage, but I'm sure people just want to use whoever. Going to go with yes though just for the interest value.
Here is what I am planning to do, regardless of the poll answer. You will be able to choose any character you want, however, you will be forced to stick with that character the entire tournament. It is in part due to the fact you have no idea who your opponent is choosing.

Spirst

Here is what I am planning to do, regardless of the poll answer. You will be able to choose any character you want, however, you will be forced to stick with that character the entire tournament. It is in part due to the fact you have no idea who your opponent is choosing.
That works too, I suppose. I doubt people will have a hard time figuring out who I'm going to use though.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Voted on the polls.

Can't fully decide whether I like character lock or not. On one hand, it makes things more interesting, on the other hand, lag conditions can make some characters disproportionately harder to play, making a swap desirable.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Dark Pit felt pretty solid for the most part. He did, however...struggle with characters that could easily gimp him.
I thought this was impossible. I once went into the "magnifying glass" zone and meteor'd a Dark Pit player (as Duck Hunt Duo) and he still made it back. Dark Pit's recovery is ridiculous. Granted he wouldn't have if edgehogging was in this game because he only juuuuuuust made it to the ledge but it isn't so...

----------------------------

Anyway for the polls, I think 32 is good. 64 sounds like it'd make the tourney take too long and 16 is too restrictive IMO.

I was worried about lag issues because of my location but everything went mostly smoothly. I did feel some minor input delay vs Speed but it was so little that I adjusted quickly and I wouldn't say it affected my playing abilities at all. In neither of my sets did the game just stop either, so that was very nice.

Last edited:

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
Hey guys! I fyou have not answered the polls, please do so!
I have! :D

This was a pretty nice tournament all things considering, and the connection to everyone was pretty solid for the most part, and this was my first online tourney ever, so this was a learning experience!

Thanks For Doing this! @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed and @ Captain Norris Captain Norris

I'm looking forward to the next one!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I have! :D

This was a pretty nice tournament all things considering, and the connection to everyone was pretty solid for the most part, and this was my first online tourney ever, so this was a learning experience!

Thanks For Doing this! @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed and @ Captain Norris Captain Norris

I'm looking forward to the next one!
Yep! No problem! More details on next month's tournament shall be coming! Keep your eyes peeled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom