• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ryu in Super Smash Brothers Brawl!!!

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
You know him, you more than likely love him in a completely platonic way. But if you've never heard of him, you need to crawl out of your rock and start playing games.

I bring to you the reasons why Ryu has, nay, NEEDS to be included in Brawl:

• Ryu is recognized world wide.
  • Hes the leading character in a pivotal fighting game series.
  • The quintessential fighting game hero.
  • Classic moves, pretty much emulated by smash characters "fire ball" "coin punch" "mario tornado" :: "Hadouken" "Shoryuken" "hurricane kick"
  • Good way for capcom to open up their franchise to a completely new demographic, specially with titles like Street fighter 4 in the immediate horizon
  • The most important Capcom character BAR NONE!

If anyone has anymore reasons, which im sure you'll find many, Please do add them here.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai allowed more than one 3rd party character from a single company, Ryu would be a good choice if they had both him and Megaman at the same time. But unfortunately Sakruai only said at most 3 characters who are 3rd party.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai allowed more than one 3rd party character from a single company, Ryu would be a good choice if they had both him and Megaman at the same time. But unfortunately Sakruai only said at most 3 characters who are 3rd party.
yes, Snake sonic and Ryu :)

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
i actually thought myself a while back that ryu would make a good character for brawl, im glad someone thinks the same way

however, i cant see it happening. which is a shame

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
i actually thought myself a while back that ryu would make a good character for brawl, im glad someone thinks the same way

however, i cant see it happening. which is a shame
Cool, I respect the fact that you're blind to the idea. Now let's work on blinding everyone else, let us know why it is you think the way you do

Metalknux

Smash Ace
You know him, you more than likely love him in a completely platonic way. But if you've never heard of him, you need to crawl out of your rock and start playing games.

• Classic moves, pretty much emulated by smash characters "fire ball" "coin punch" "mario tornado" :: "Hadouken" "Shoryuken" "hurricane kick"
  • Good way for capcom to open up their franchise to a completely new demographic, specially with titles like Street fighter 4 in the immediate horizon
  • Way cooler than Megaman

If anyone has anymore reasons, which im sure you'll find many, Please do add them here.
. .

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
As a Capcom fan I would like to have:

Megaman
Ryu
RE Character( Jill/Leon )

But I think Megaman deserves the place more so then the others, However if Inafune didn't get the call maybe they included Ryu instead of him.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord

As much as I like the idea of playing as Ryu in brawl, Mega Man beats him in EVER area. Sorry.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ryu is Capcom representative in Arcades, though. :p

I mean WHO is the silouette (sp?) who appears at the beginning of all Capcom arcades anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UWgGcRHCgU

Check it out, it's RYU representing CAPCOM. And that's not the only game where he has appeared behind the company name. :D

Streetfighter is a revolutionary game. Something that Megaman really isn't.. But at least Megaman has been with NIntendo since the beginning (no wonder he gets more support around here)

I'm up for both anyway. :p Either way.. someone will use a hadouken.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I believe mario's fireballs came before hadoukens did...

Top Bottom