• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Render Color Palettes

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Hoping for Mew, Deoxys, and at least a real green/shiny colors. I like the teal ver, but it dosn't do justice as a bootleg shiny color like Greninja.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Thank god they put it in the game. Why they couldn't do it for the others is beyond me.
Technically Pikachu and Jigglypuff have theirs (since their shiny's are only a slight tint change of the original), and while the teal Mewtwo might be the closest to the actual shiny color, I think that the reason for the mega trio not getting legit shiny color schemes is due to the fact that we'll, their megas have to be shiny too. It wouldn't make sense for a shiny pokemon to mega evolve into their default colors.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Technically Pikachu and Jigglypuff have theirs (since their shiny's are only a slight tint change of the original), and while the teal Mewtwo might be the closest to the actual shiny color, I think that the reason for the mega trio not getting legit shiny color schemes is due to the fact that we'll, their megas have to be shiny too. It wouldn't make sense for a shiny pokemon to mega evolve into their default colors.
Making a different color palette doesn't take one person even an hour. I can't honestly believe this to be a legit reason for it as it would be way too easy to fix it.

I think it's just some design decision for some reason we don't grasp yet. Like Greninja's shiny color not being completely black so that he isn't hard to see on some stages (this is speculation, not confirmed in any way).

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Making a different color palette doesn't take one person even an hour. I can't honestly believe this to be a legit reason for it as it would be way too easy to fix it.

I think it's just some design decision for some reason we don't grasp yet. Like Greninja's shiny color not being completely black so that he isn't hard to see on some stages (this is speculation, not confirmed in any way).
Thats why DLC costumes for regular characters should be a thing. Like have packs of alternate costumes for characters like MKX and UMvC3. A DLC costume pack for shiny Mewtwo, Charizard, and Lucario would be sick and sell like hot cakes, plus they would be special costumes that make the megas shiny as we'll.

Last edited:

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I'll probably rock either the shiny or the blue... Or whichever color is least popular.
I know the feeling, i play bowser, although i never see bowser in forglory , i wont play his silver or black skin because who wants to look like everyone else lol. With the mewtwo flood, and yes i'm maining mewtwo i'll choose that sick teal one :]

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Three more still to be seen. There's better be a light pink Mew one among them. The blue one almost reminds me of Lugia, and of course the dark one calls Shadow Lugia to mind, though it also looks like a darkened swap of his main colors.

Shadow is a little cliche but it really does look great! I'm a little bummed the greenish one isn't more similar to the shiny coloration, but it is still cool
Okay okay okay... I didn't even think of him having a Mew alternate color... If so, instant main and I will never switch... Not even for Fiora or Viridi

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
So, I haven't used my codes yet, but apparently all the colors are the following:

Default (white with a purple tail)
Blue (white with a blue tail)
Green (white with a mint green tail)
Orange (white with an orange tail)
Red (white with a red tail)
Yellow (white with a yellow tail)
Black (white with a black tail)
Shadow (dark gray with a pale tail)

At least, based on this one Miiverse post I found, which shows them all in an 8-player Smash match.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhlGHrpIA

No clue what the post itself is supposed to say, but there are all the colors. Personally, the blue one is still my favorite one. Can't wait to try it once I get to use my codes!

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
No Green. No Green. No shiny Mewtwo. *screaming internally*

Instead we get a barely-pink one, a hideous yellow, and brown tail...? I just wanted my shiny D:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The yellow palette swap seems to slightly resemble his shiny coloration in Pokemon Gold and Silver. The yellow is more like an olive green color.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Yeah, they went the Charizard route again. They DID give Mewtwo his shiny form...just the one from GSC instead.

Top Bottom